Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe, perhaps incorrectly, that the Diesel engines are still subject to the 21 year EPA rule.

Non-compliant engines, regardless of fuel type, are not legally importable until they age-out of the EPA compliance requirement.

Non-compliant engines, regardless of fuel type, are not legally importable until they age-out of the EPA compliance requirement.
I may get you to call my wife and tell her I was correct about something. :)

I can hear her now.... "How much did he pay you to tell me that?" :lol:

She and I used to visit frequently. She'd call me about 30 minutes after You'd call me.....:rofl:

Her: "What'd you guys talk about today?"

Me: "um....altimeters. Yeah,..."

I might need to get one of those for my 79

You will be impressed with the consoles. They're really neat. They fit so well and they are perfect for stashing stuff.....we know the 79s need as much storage as possible. The touch lights that come with it are very impressive. We set them up with 4 pockets but you can turn one into a spot for a CB. Let me know.....

Did my BIG crate make it to YRC today???

We got around to some real work today.....not me messing around with interior panels(although I did mess around with interior panels).

Cut out our front crossmember....going to grind her smooth on Monday and then spend a bunch of time measuring where we will pop the new one in.

20190703_143201.jpg
20190703_144117.jpg
20190703_144142_1.jpg

We started thinking about the steering stabilizer setup on this truck and realized something that might make things easier. On #1 we had to relocate the bracket for the 80 series steering damper....kind of a stepped bracket to mount the bracket farther out. You can see the ear for it on the crossmember we chopped out.

I took a look at the Troopy and it had a really cool bracket on the opposing frame rail that the damper attaches to......and a much longer damper than the 80 damper. So I think I'll order one up and see how that works.....might make life a little easier. Will need a 70's stabilizer though...should be a few inches longer.

You will be impressed with the consoles. They're really neat. They fit so well and they are perfect for stashing stuff.....we know the 79s need as much storage as possible. The touch lights that come with it are very impressive. We set them up with 4 pockets but you can turn one into a spot for a CB. Let me know.....

Did my BIG crate make it to YRC today???

Already delivered it for you yesterday morning.

Already delivered it for you yesterday morning.

You are the best @joekatana......THAT is some great customer service. Thank you.

Can't wait to play with all the new stuff! And then figure out what else I need from you!

Played around with shifter boots today....getting ready for that 1HZ/151 combo. Might be a little too early for this though......I don't think the H151 is going to line up like the R151...which means....a lot of changes. I measured the H150 on the troopy today and it sits about 10.5" from the bar where the seats mount to. The opening for this setup....is 8.5".....R151 is longer if my calculations are correct.

I was thinking maybe I can move the motor back a few inches to get the H151 lined up in the existing openings. Lot of work but so is working the floor and finding a floor mat that would work. Trying to figure out which truck would have a 1HZ, H151 AND an airbag dash.....I don't think that exists. WAY too much time on my hands apparently to fret over stupid stuff like this.

The extent of my work today. Sharp eyed viewers will notice the dead pedal in there too. Lol. There is a lot of fitting with the mass loaded vinyl under the vinyl flooring. Everything needs some massaging.

20190705_145117.jpg

Finished the rear of the truck during the week. Nice to get all this stuff out of the bed/storage container. Black seat belts on this truck....

Really digging the carpeted rear bed wall. Wasn't sure about it at first.

20190705_145136.jpg

And with no customers or employees in the shop today.......this was how it looked.

20190705_164758.jpg

Is the dead pedal the same as other models? I have a spare 80 series laying around. Never even thought about it missing from my mine truck. It’s one of the things I really like about driving an 80.

Is the dead pedal the same as other models? I have a spare 80 series laying around. Never even thought about it missing from my mine truck. It’s one of the things I really like about driving an 80.

I don't think it's the same....it's narrow. I'll have to compare it to the 80's pedal.

Good stuff in this crate......

@joekatana supplied the 1HZ-T out of something over in Europe and the H151 trans/HF2A transfer combo out of an HDJ81. Going to put these together and see how it fits into the 79...

Motor seems to be really clean and nice. I think Joe said it was about 100,000 miles.

That's a heavy crate for that Tacoma

That poor Tacoma gets a workout with hauling all these Land Cruiser parts! And yeah....that crate was a bit much for it. I think the 1HDT I bought with an auto and ALL of the parts that went with it from an 81 was a tad heavier.

The 1HZ is really clean. Missing a motor mount though. LH mount.

This is where your home will be 1HZ-T.....

20190708_174016.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom