Let the modding begin? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just checked it out and it looks like King does not offer a coilover without a resi for the 05+ trucks. I'd go out on a limb and say that we wouldn't ever have rust issues living in the southern US.

$1425 is what they are from Filthy Motorsports. I've been dealing with Ben there. He's been super helpful with valving/spring rates etc for my 3 link. I'd suggest talking with him if you go with King.

I've also had great service from Poly Performance as well. ICON's can be had (including rear shocks) for a touch over $1500 from them. Tyler is whom I used to deal with there.

The new Fox stuff doesn't look bad...and I won't hate you for going with Fox if you decide to :flipoff2:

IMG_4151.JPG

Let the hoarding begin!

IMG_4206.JPG
IMG_4208.JPG
IMG_4209.JPG
IMG_4210.JPG
IMG_4211.JPG
Well...it's that time...put up or shut up- little nervous about cutting into the stock bumper/trim...

Measure once, cut twice.

I learned from my father who subscribed to the "Chainsaw rule of architecture"...we'll see how this goes...:meh:

Man look at how clean that garage is.

Wow, that was a quick arrival on the bumper! Did they have it in stock or something cus I feel like you ordered it like 2-3 weeks ago??

On the topic of suspension.. I really want the OME kit on our 5th gen. I hear it drives REALLY well.

IMG_4212.JPG
IMG_4213.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG
Thanks guys...here's the nearly finished install

Is the clear coat peeling on the factory bumper underneath the driver headlight?

Yeah...got a ding or two

Wow, that was a quick arrival on the bumper! Did they have it in stock or something cus I feel like you ordered it like 2-3 weeks ago??

On the topic of suspension.. I really want the OME kit on our 5th gen. I hear it drives REALLY well.

About a month ago...group buy in tacomaworld- they had a few in stock...good deal and seems solid.

Really glad I didn't get the powdercoat- scratched the crap out of it while putting it on myself

Would like to try the OME kit, but several people have said you have to pull them off to adjust height...kinda leaning toward king suspension setup...group buy on tacomaworld as well...

Last edited:
Bitchin'!

King is the only other route I'd go since SAW is kind of out of the picture at the moment. Fox Racing has some awesome stuff, but I'm not fond of their factory replacement coilover stuff. Their product doesn't really shine until you get to the high performance stuff, which they don't really have for our rigs.

K2 2016.jpg

Here's you a Non-Resi King! Well, at least it's king stickers... Hey, a guy can dream right? It all started as a joke and I just left them on there to make people ask questions. It worked... lol

Flip 'em dang thangs over @Bodean .... I know those Kings are rebuildable but you don't want the dirt piling up on your wiper seals .... I know how you git!

LOL. That's awesome. I think I'm going to put Marlin Crawler steekerz on my PC shocks I just got for the cruiser. Tell people they're them special editions....

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4434.JPG

Got in a special delivery today from MOBTOWN Offroad...here's how she's sitting today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom