Leaky windshield help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
fawcusfitness.com
Ok so I arrived this evening!
Need some advice on where to go for a leaking windshield?
On my drive up here in the rain before Jasper I had a couple drops dripping down from the top of the window on the passenger side.
Anyone have any shops to recommend? Or has anyone pulled a window before?
Thanks!

I have same problem with mine. Doesn't leak sitting, or right away, but if driving in a heavy rain it will start to drip from headliner. I always forget about it when its sunny and I could fix it though...

Do you need a replacement windshield as well? Or just caulk behind weather stripping. There is a thread about fixing that issue.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/328597-how-fix-your-leaky-windshield.html

My 74 leaks to. No need to worry , you are not in B.C anymore, doesn't rain every day.:beer:

My 74 leaks to. No need to worry , you are not in B.C anymore, doesn't rain every day.:beer:

Fair enough! But I want to make sure there is no moisture stuck in there causing rust...need to attack that asap if there is some. Planning to store cruiser over winter while up here.

I'm not againest winter storage at all but there are a lot of winter trips that seem to be closer than the summer ones. You might want to keep that in mind. I missed quite a few last year because I just didn't expect that many trips to be anounced. I am much better prepared this year and hope to attend close to half.

Don't worry about it, no rain for a week now. lol

So I finally got the window out and resealed.
I wanted to remove it to see if there was any rust, to my surprise there was more than I thought there would be...
Anyways, no holes though!

I went to an Apple Auto glass location where one of the head employees does side work there after work hours (his boss does not mind).

First he removed the window, then him and I spent at least an hour or more scraping and sanding all the rust. Once this was done Sika primer was put down and allowed to dry, then sika urethane was applied under the lip that contacts the window, and another bead was applied to the lip that contacts the truck window frame.
I showed him the factory manual and also showed him a good thread in the 60 series forum.
Anyways took about 3 hours, but he took the time to do it exactly as I wanted and he wanted it done right as well, he cares about his work.
After all that he said 80-100 bucks he was thinking...I said you get $100.
I would highly recommend, I said I would send cruiser guys his way.
If you want his contact info PM me and I will send you his cell number.

Wow, that is great! I should do the same probably. Did you replace the weather strip?

I did not no, it had been replaced already with the aftermarket one that does not require the metal insert. It was in good shape so there was no need.
Also it came out without damage because it had been installed with no urethane before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom