Knuckle rebuild wrenching sesion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some help this Saturday from anyone who's willing.

Will be rebuilding the knuckles on my FJ62 at my home in Pasadena.

Really need it to be a one day project, I use the FJ as my daily driver and I'm heading to Nevada next weekend to volunteer at the Baker to Vegas relay race.

I have a complete rebuild kit from Cruise Outfitters, a 54mm hub socket, a scale, and other tools. Need to grab more grease and cleaning supplies today.

I have plenty of nitrile gloves and some eggs from our backyard flock to give away along with food and drinks, would greatly appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.

John E

John PM or e-mail me your address.
What time yo thinking of doing this ?
I can stay until around 2pm...
BTW do you have the snap rings for the birfs ?
These usually brake when the birfs are pulled apart for regrease.....

Let me know if you need any other tools....

Details...

Will PM you the address.

I'm planning on starting around 1000.

Not sure about the snap rings, I'll have to check the contents of the kit I got from Kurt.

I have some brass punches/drifts, a small brass hammer, 54mm socket, fishing scale, some snap ring pliers and plenty of sockets/ratchets/box and open wrenches. I also have a compressor and some air tools and an 18v impact wrench.

Picking up more grease and cleaning supplies tomorrow.

Change of plans...

Short version, the Cruiser stalled out on the 110 freeway near downtown L.A. a couple of hours ago. Had it towed home so tomorrow will now be me trying o figure out what's wrong with it. Will reschedule the knuckles to another day.

I'd still appreciate any help that might be offered.

Thanks.

John E

Once more into the breech...

got a defective distributor replaced, all seems well in the engine compartment so I'm going to try again with the knuckles.

This coming Saturday, 04/20 at my home in Pasadena, starting around 10 am.

Food and drinks provided along with fresh eggs fom our backyard flock of chickens.

Any and all help appreciated.

PM for address.

Thanks.

John E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom