KISS Drawers (Keep It Simple Storage) For 100 Series (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if deck resurfacer like Olympic Rescue It (Lowes) or the Home Depot equivalent would work since this is a wood surface? These deck resurfacers are quite rugged and meant to be walked on. The texture might be objectionably rough though.

I wonder if deck resurfacer like Olympic Rescue It (Lowes) or the Home Depot equivalent would work since this is a wood surface? These deck resurfacers are quite rugged and meant to be walked on. The texture might be objectionably rough though.
Ive used that to cover the floor and walls in my utility trailer, and while it looks nice, its no where near as durable as a catalyzed urethane bedliner type product.

Fair assessment.

I came across a product made by U-pol that is sold 750ml bottles; covers 25-30sqft. Applied with a schutz gun, or HVLP gun. For $32 I might experiment with it. From the images the surface finish looks closer to a professionally applied coating.

Sounds like Raptor Liner which has received very good reviews on Mud. How 'grippy' is Line-X? Can you slide a cooler or gear on it without it getting stuck?

No problem sliding things across LineX. It's rough but not tactile enough to hold things like Velcro. I've got it in my pick up.

Thanks. I've used Inyati here in Phoenix and that stuff was very hard to slide boxes over back in the day. Muy Grippy.

Just a headsup that this coming run (Nov-2016) will be my last for the year, resuming next Jan/Feb. A combination of multiple work trips and desire to spend time with the family not stressed over shipments is driving that.

How full is the November run at the moment?

How full is the November run at the moment?
As of this morning we were at 15 - enough, but I know several folks are waiting to see the current shipment get out and installed in the wild, which is totally cool. I'm still debating when to close but likely week of Nov 7, with shipping 2-3 weeks after funds are in. I've learned a lot with respect to where the time sinks and inefficiencies are in the kitting and packaging, and think I can iron a lot of them out this next go-around. I also need to figure out how to stage from my garage instead of the house, otherwise I'll be sleeping out there next time;)

Very nice. Just discovered this thread. Was looking into something similar last year. Combo of wood and aluminum is key for keeping weight down, but as always price then becomes an issue. Using the 80/20 UHMW is brilliant. Didn't know you could get it cut to length. Price point is great considering materials. Was looking into a modular system for myself. This will give me some new ideas.

Still need to paint the drawer edges and interiors but it worked great for a family trip to Houston this past weekend:

7DC2zfql.jpg

Last edited:
Needs a fridge slide. Looking good!

Thx, I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to build a fridge slide out of 80/20 like the drawer frames. I'd really like to have a fridge slide that swings down so my wife can reach it, but the Tembo Tusk Loadspotter costs more than the fridge did.

Thx, I've been trying to figure out if it's possible to build a fridge slide out of 80/20 like the drawer frames. I'd really like to have a fridge slide that swings down so my wife can reach it, but the Tembo Tusk Loadspotter costs more than the fridge did.

And requires an engineering degree from MIT to operate.

Is this system based on the 80/20 10 or 15 series product?

10 is 1", 15 is 1.5" I believe

I've looked at those too, and while they are very neat, it wouldn't help me much. Even if the fridge was just above the tailgate, my diminutive stature would require me to be on the tailgate to get into the fridge anyway, so it pretty much took the need for it off the table anyway. So finally another item in the "Pro" side of being short, it saves me some $ from having to consider buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom