July 22nd (Friday) Volunteers Needed in Buena Vista (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
It's a long shot but figured I would post it to see if anyone is available. I was intending to go, but now will be out-of-state on that date.

This is a volunteer effort to support CORE (Colorado Off Road Enterprise) and the High Lonesome 100 (ultra race).

Concept: 4x4's meet at the campground "staging area" on NE side of Cottonwood Lake, west of Buena Vista around 9am. The purpose is to provide taxi rides for friends/families who've come to support their runner. 4x4's give these "supporters" a taxi ride 2 miles up the (mild 4x4) road to the "Aid Station". 4x4's return to the campground staging area to pick up more "supporters". As the day progresses, sometime between noon and 1pm, the flow reverses--there are more "supporters" seeking a ride down, versus up. Generally, it's over by 3pm.

@000doodie000 , Jeff Flora, and I did this last year and we thought it was a great event. If you can do this, let me know please, and I'll put you in contact with Marcus at CORE.

High Lonesome 100 JUL 21.jpg

I'd be with you if I had PTO :(
(not the winch kind)

edit:in other news, our next weekend (23/24) has come open if there's anything going on then. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom