ISO 80 Series Hood (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I am looking for a good clean 80 series hood. The unicorn would be a silver LX450 hood, but I will consider any rust free undamaged 80 Series bonnet. I have been cutting holes in mine to solve the under hood heat issues on my LS swap, and now that I have it almost there, I want to start fresh with a clean uncut hood.

I am in Tucson, but will be driving back to the Little Rock area in December to see family. If you have one you want to let go of for a fair price, let me know and I will see how I can make it work.

Jason

I'm curious about your heat issues. Do you have an H-pipe or tee within your heater circuit off the water pump? So that the in and out of the water pump are looped together even when your heater core is shut off?

YotaJosh, I am not sure what the question is, but I have attached a few pics. My issue is not with the cabin heater, it is the underhood temps produced by the LS engine, and the difficulty in venting that heat. All said, I am always happy to learn something new, so please elaborate on your question.

Also, I have removed the secondary heater system under the front passenger seat, as well as all the plumbing. The third pic has an arrow on the stock setup pointing to the hose and tube that I removed.

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

2021-09-28_16-54-23.png

Last edited:
Son of a Nutcracker! Learn something new everyday. Thanks for that. I will add one and see if it has any effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom