Is this yours - Body Shop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

umpqua

GOLD Star
Threads
I saw this in the body shop by Glendover Park yesterday. It's where my troopy is being painted. I remember someone mentioning taking theirs to the same place.....Daddio's. Anyone recognize this one? From what I could understand from their Spanish I thought they said it was from Michigan. Looks like a pretty big project.

IMG_2238.JPG

Nice. I mentioned to them that I thought that I had referred someone to them (did I refer you?) but then they said it was from MI. Or maybe they said that....hell who knows.

I really like doing business with these guys. I plan to take them a bottle of good tequila when I pick up the troopy. They drink it....ask me how I know.

Yes you referred me to Daddio's. Its actually Dario @ Dario's Auto Body. Ask me how I know... the first conversation was a little awkward calling another grown man "Daddio". He's a good guy though. Seems honest and I couldn't beat the price to do a strip, color change, and drip rail reseal. I was supposed top have it to him 3/1 but delays in other areas set me back to 5/9. He said it should take at least a month. Whats he doing to your rig?

My troopy has a couple of rust spots and a few dings and dents. He is going to take care of all of that and paint it inside and out. I expect that it will come back looking pretty much brand new.

His name was described to me by Juan who works there and serves as the interpreter that his name was "Daddio" or at least that's what I heard. Yeah, weird. Sometimes it wakes me up at night.

Yours looks like a fairly major restoration. What is your actual real name?

I dropped by earlier this week to "check in" and they don't seem to mind that. Mine should (hopefully) be out of there before yours and I will give you a progress report when I see yours again.

.....and how do you like the Dynamat? A noticeable noise reduction? I've thought about that but have read some reviews that say when it gets hot that it becomes a sticky, gooey mess.

The Dynamat does goo up when it gets hot but its covered by the aluminum backing, insulation, and carpet so its a non issue. I recently sprayed my 4x sprinter with lizard skin and achieved the same result as the dynamat. Id probably use that over a stick and peel product again. I also have the ceramic top coat to apply that allegedly reduces inside temps but as much as 30 degrees. We'll see.

He sends me pics via text when I ask for progress updates but any update is welcome. Its a bit of a haul with traffic to get there from Tigard.

Jeremy Hinson

This looks like a great option. I remember Rodney talking about him. I could use some small surface rust spot and other repairs. Probably won't get around to it for a while, but can you guys pass along his number? Thanks.

Unless you speak Spanish be prepared. If you go by there Juan (John) will be able to provide limited translation. I've also sent Dario some texts in Spanish. We seem to get by. Good guy.....great work.

Thanks Jeremy for the feedback on the lizard skin. I will check it out as I'd like some sound deadener so I can hear the turbo whine on the 1-HDT

Out of the body shop.

Troopy House 3.jpg

I have a build thread in the 70's section. It details the mechanical work and the top install. Nothing to show at the moment inside. It's headed to SoCal at the end of the month for the inside build.
That looks awesome! Give us the full tour!

Door jams and trim sprayed on the 60 in color code 1H5 - Cement Grey Metallic. Should be completely done in about two weeks.

View attachment 1747876
Hey that's looking great. Would love to see the finished product. A beer and a look?

Absolutely. I'll have a week or two of reassembly when I get it back from paint. I keep hoping that I'll make the next meetup but can never seem to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom