Bandeirante Intro: 1991 Cabine Dupla Bandeirante. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

our old lady loves it? That 80% of the battle right there….
Same here :)

I'm not 100% sure if she likes the truck really, or if she is happy seeing me beeing happy with my truck. Maybe both.

I was surprised, that she accepts the "challenges" which comes along with it. It's loud, bumpy and slow. I remember a trip to the coast (Brazilian Jungle) and it started to rain overnight. The kind of heavy rain and the Band filled up with water, like 5cm in the cabin and the water came in everywhere (behind the dashboard, doors, windows,...). The preowner closed the drain holes in the cabin.
So I had to remove the water adn replace a fuse for the lights and then I prayed for the engine to start -> it came on normal. And with the old Mercedes engines, when they run and there is enough oil in the engine and gears, it will go. No need for elec power to drive. It turned out, that the "old style electronic" is working even "under water" and so we went home. But inside it felt like vapor bath and I had constantly to clean the windows from inside.
No complaints from the right side, the charger for the phone was still working, and so we went home like this for the next 4 hours.

We do "Jipe-Trips" into areas we call "Jipe-land" (rough roads) but long distance trips to other places where we do sport events or so, it's done by the my little 4x4 SUV.

jipetrip.jpg

Same here :)

I'm not 100% sure if she likes the truck really, or if she is happy seeing me beeing happy with my truck. Maybe both.

I was surprised, that she accepts the "challenges" which comes along with it. It's loud, bumpy and slow. I remember a trip to the coast (Brazilian Jungle) and it started to rain overnight. The kind of heavy rain and the Band filled up with water, like 5cm in the cabin and the water came in everywhere (behind the dashboard, doors, windows,...). The preowner closed the drain holes in the cabin.
So I had to remove the water adn replace a fuse for the lights and then I prayed for the engine to start -> it came on normal. And with the old Mercedes engines, when they run and there is enough oil in the engine and gears, it will go. No need for elec power to drive. It turned out, that the "old style electronic" is working even "under water" and so we went home. But inside it felt like vapor bath and I had constantly to clean the windows from inside.
No complaints from the right side, the charger for the phone was still working, and so we went home like this for the next 4 hours.

We do "Jipe-Trips" into areas we call "Jipe-land" (rough roads) but long distance trips to other places where we do sport events or so, it's done by the my little 4x4 SUV.

View attachment 3326076

You're living it man!

My old lady, wholesomely, is a bonifide city girl and do enjoy the many amenities that modern life have to offer. She's not going out of her way to seek off-grid adventures although she likes the idea.
Having said that. This is the first time I saw her properly impressed by the truck and often asking me how does it feels to ride in it.

Baby, it stinks, it's loud and hot, it might be worse than the old Jeep Wrangler we used to have....
So you don't want me to ride with you...
No..no no. What I mea...
Say no more, I didn't say I would. But it still looks good.
Ummm yeah...
May be we can go for ice cream sometimes.
mhm OK:confused:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom