integrated factory option for amps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking to have some subs and aftermarket amp installed, is there an aftermarket harness that uses integrated factory harness that taps in?

short answer - high level output from factory amp.

short answer - high level output from factory amp.

I’ve looked through thread and the question is when adding an aftermarket amp, how do you hook or tap into the factory harness? Is there a plug and play adapter and if so what is the part number and where to get it

The OEM stereo on any US 200 series is fairly complex. I doubt there are any integration harnesses on the market to tap into the signal wires. The easiest solution for a simple sub addition is to tap into or steal the wire headed to the OEM sub on the rear passenger side (USA) and use a line level converter (or an amp with one built in) for signal. This signal will be post any processing the OEM amplifier does, which may or may not be good depending on what you are trying to accomplish.

There is no line level (RCA signal) in the TLC. It uses a proprietary audio bus called MOST. You can grab the 'sub' channels (I think it's a DVC) after the amp under the left seat (US Driver) or at the sub. There isn't a bunch of space under the seat. There is space in the sub area for an amp. Most put the amp back by the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom