Installing AAL - upper shock nut frozen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally getting around to installing my progressive add a leaf on my 2015 DCSB. Cannot get the top nut off my Bilstein 5160 rear shocks. Anyone ever just remove the lower mounting bolt and leave the top nut in place.

Soaking in PB blaster and trying all kinds of tricks. Seems like I can work around the end of the shock if I leave it installed.

thoughts are appreciated!

if your planning on replacing the shocks just cut the top off, if your not then you can just take out the bottom bolt and remove the springs. just remember to loosen the bolt and not the nut as the nut has locking ribs that will get torn off if you loosen the nut

I appreciate it! Reviewed HS’s instructions (duh) and they only discuss removing the bottom bolt. Don’t speak to being careful about the ribs on the nut though. MUD comes through again!

Finally getting around to installing my progressive add a leaf on my 2015 DCSB. Cannot get the top nut off my Bilstein 5160 rear shocks. Anyone ever just remove the lower mounting bolt and leave the top nut in place.

Soaking in PB blaster and trying all kinds of tricks. Seems like I can work around the end of the shock if I leave it installed.

second note cutting off the nut by his quick don't waste your time on it.

Cut it off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom