Info on ARB bull bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living in the Past

SILVER Star
Threads
Have a 4th gen bull bar that been back and forth.puttimg it on my wife's 04 4Runner. Bought used in 2015. Now have a fifth gen as well. She like her 04 better.

Question 1 is itt possible to use this on a fifth with a different mount? Not sure I even want to but looking at the options

Question 2 what is the value of a used bull bar in great shape?
20220307_160313.jpg
20220307_160345.jpg
20220307_160443.jpg
20220307_160504.jpg
20220307_160630.jpg

Likely possible with a lot of chopping and welding. I don't see too many guides to assist you in this endeavor so you'd need some experience.

Used they go for around $1500, which isn't far off from MSRP ($1633)

Likely possible with a lot of chopping and welding. I don't see too many guides to assist you in this endeavor so you'd need some experience.

Used they go for around $1500, which isn't far off from MSRP ($1633)

Thanks for the response.

Really that much? I'm in AZ which why it's still rust free. Keep it in a garage but looking to make room. CL best place for it? I know prices on everything new and used are still up. Bought the 2018 4Runner a year for too much but sell it for today. Guess I'll start high as can always drop the price.

Is this brush/splash guard included with all the bull bars?
20220309_123430.jpg

Had a third gen 4Runner bull bar I sold it didn't have one. Neither does the bull bar on my FJ62.
Same question for the lights? Looking online most show an open hole.
20220309_123439.jpg

That plate and lights match what came on my 06 4Runner when I bought it, they're OEM ARB (I've since switched out the fogs).

I doubt you sell for $1,500, however I bet you could get $1,000 out of it.

1646930430701.png

-Rob

That plate and lights match what came on my 06 4Runner when I bought it, they're OEM ARB (I've since switched out the fogs).
I doubt you sell for $1,500, however I bet you could get $1,000 out of it.
View attachment 2948258
-Rob
Thank you for your input. Thought $1,500 seemed high. Haven't found any info on the splash/brush plate. Really not heavy enough to be called a skid plate. It's probably been dropped by ARB. I am wondering if that splash guard would fit on my 89 FJ62. It has a ARB bull bar and gets used off road.

Off topic, but what was the factor for keeping the 04 over the fifth gen? easier to drive because it's slightly smaller?

$1000 tops

Do not attempt to put it on a 5th gen. The whole reason you buy an ARB over the other trash out there is because they are built specifically for each model's crumple zones and and crash tested to ensure all the airbags/etc. still work and you don't die.

Cutting & welding an ARB is about as dumb as buying a trash bumper to begin with. So I would sell the ARB and buy a new ARB in the appropriate application OR if you don't care, buy a trash bumper instead. Maybe just sell it and leave your 5th gen alone? Doesn't look like you actually use it anyway.

Off topic, but what was the factor for keeping the 04 over the fifth gen? easier to drive because it's slightly smaller?

Few years back sold my 3rd gen to my brother in-law with the idea when my wife replaced her 04 I would get her 04. Few years passed and ended up with a 5th gen, long story. 04 Sport Edtion has advantages over the 2018 TRD Off Road. Climate control, dual sun visor, grab handles on all A and B pillars (really the one on the drivers A pillar is the one I miss), superior sound system and turning radius is better on the 04. Even my DD a Sequoia Limited turns sharper than the 5th gen. 5th gen 4.0 is nice but no 4.7. Instead of getting her 04 to use off road have the 5th gen.

Last edited:
$1000 tops
Do not attempt to put it on a 5th gen. The whole reason you buy an ARB over the other trash out there is because they are built specifically for each model's crumple zones and and crash tested to ensure all the airbags/etc. still work and you don't die.
Cutting & welding an ARB is about as dumb as buying a trash bumper to begin with. So I would sell the ARB and buy a new ARB in the appropriate application OR if you don't care, buy a trash bumper instead. Maybe just sell it and leave your 5th gen alone? Doesn't look like you actually use it anyway.

Was not looking to make my own mount. The later bull bars have a separate mount where it bolt to the frame. My 3rd gen bull bar had same. My FJ62 doesn't. Wasn't sure if the mounts could be switched. But to be honest not sure want to add that much weight on the front end. The 04 has 130K miles and needs the suspension replaced and could justify
to myself beefing it up. The 2018 has low miles. Have a few Land Cruisers already to use off road.

The owner of the 4Runner the bumper came off of didn't appear to use the vehicle off road. It has not been installed in the time I've had it. Was bought with the idea of doing a build after my wife got something else. Used bull bars don't come very often. Especially this clean. Turns out will be looking at the 2018 instead. Need this out of the garage and a couple barbecues to get the FJ45 in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom