Importing a 1KD-FTV from Australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some guidance, advice on importing a 2010 Hilux D4D halfcut into the USA from Australia.
From what I have read, the EPA wants paperwork stating this engine meets their requirements, all I need is the family number in which the engine was tested. Seems easy, but the EPA does not keep records of the actual engine nomenclature, only the family number the engine is categorized under. This engine has been offered by Nanni-Diesel (boat engine) since 2005, and Toyota lift-trucks since 2013 with epa certifications in Tier 3 & 4. The problem is finding the paperwork to accompany my importation for customs clearance.
OR....
I ship the engine as parts, and avoid the EPA. I am leaving the packaging of the halfcut to the seller, and I am asking him for a 1kd-ftv rebuild package of parts. The EPA states that the engine cannot be in a chassis to be considered 'parts'.

I get suggestions from people to be vague with the bill of sale and package manifest, however, I don't want any problems from the CBP holding my shipment for $$$ while paperwork is being resubmitted.

And all the customs brokers that work with my port either have never imported a halfcut or do not return calls/follow-up. So after talking to a customs agent, he encouraged me to be my own broker, and that it isn't that difficult.

any light you guys can shed would be great.

Thanks

CoveCampground-BDO-2014 (37).JPG

Thanks. IL look into it

Not sure what you're planning on putting this in to, but there is a company that has already gone through the importation and adaption legwork

http://dieseltoys.com/

I don't know if they will tell you what you need to know in order to broker the deal yourself, but considering they have done the 'hard parts', buying a drive train and conversion package from them might be a good option.

^^^ YES I know all about them, but I don't have $22k to drop on an engine swap, plus I like to do things like this myself. Also, they would not do an engine swap into my 88 4Runner. I have spoken to the owner a few times, very nice guy, but they will only sell a 1KZ engine package. And since they are a business they are not really going to give away any information.

thanks for

what about trying to import it into nyc, your not that far in Baltimore. might have better luck with an importer that deals with half cuts

Its on its way to my home port. Engine parts package. Half-cuts are a tricky EPA dance I'd rather not deal with.

Thanks for the suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom