Builds IH8MUD??? more like IH8CASH, new rig, new addiction, my build, let's Begin! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Subscribed. Waiting to see what is going to go under the hood :eek:

Holy crap, I think I know who you got it from

Your driveway is starting to look like mine :p
I recognize that rig as well. Those sliders gave it away. Can't remember his name. He's out in the OC right off the beach. Has a really nice built 100. Got the tires that are on my 100 now from him. Good guy and a sweet 80. I was eyeballing that 80 for me. I guess I was beat to the punch.

Yup, that's him. Really cool down to earth guy, maybe that's why he lives by the beach. Unfortunately because of that I have some clean up to do with that surface rust on the undercarriage. But still very minor to the condition of the overall rig.

Subscribed. Waiting to see what is going to go under the hood :eek:
Before picking this up I told myself that the next 80 project I start will have a V8. However with this low mileage beauty, I can't bring myself to yanking it. So I'm gonna be looking around for a big snail to snuggle by the block.

Rear mounted passed like a charm since everything was behind the catalytic.
Obviously a standard turbo setup would not pass visual, however it will pass everything else since they only connect the sniffer on the tail pipe without the use of the dyno. RPM's are barely raised during the test so you will not see any positive manifold pressure. So it will act as an N/A as long as I keep the ECU stock. Luckily my smog tech is blind to my upgrades:cool:

Hey Ryan, how bout you sell me your turbo setup to fund your 2nd project. It's win win

If only we had infinite funds & time

There is a dealer in Van Nuys i think that sells nothing but Land Cruisers and Taco's

Thank you. I know that it's the sellers responsibility, however the PO was surprised that I picked it up there and then the day I went to see it for the first time. It was easier for me to do myself then make another trip out there (work schedule) and drag the whole family another weekend.

Great thread! Subscribed. Good deals pop up when we least expect them, for sure. I look forward to the build, especially the turbo. Gotta love the wife that let's you buy cruisers!

The hoarding begins.
20160317_161807.jpg

I've been driving Toyotas for the last 10 years (I've owned 6).
I recently quit a job that had me traveling quite a bit, so now I have tons of free time.
I just purchased an 80, and no have a bug for a 40.
While my girlfriend hates the garage filled with parts, she's says she's glad I have something to do.

My name is Daniel and I'm a Land Cruiser addict.

Speaking of being an addict, ordered these the same week I got the 80. Now I am impatiently waiting :bounce2:
Screenshot_2016-03-17-19-32-13.png

Removed front and rear bumpers today. Going to install the AOE front and the 4x4labs rear bumpers.

20160318_143916.jpg

20160319_130709.jpg

Nice work, you are most likely aware of this but In an attempt tp be helpful I would like to expand on the rust mentioned earlier. Pay close attention to the rust Inside the frame rails. Once the paint has been compromised the frame can rust from the Inside out from trapped moisture and old salt residue. Clean to bare metal as best you can and coat It with POR 15, buy the small cans Its Very Sticky then rattle can. I'm from the midwest and have seen some Interesting situations caused by this condition. They usually start with doors not closing on uneven ground, then the car can be seen going down the road off track, then finally they fold up like an accordion under hard braking. LOL My exaggerated attempt at humor !!! Just watch It closely It can be a problem and you are doing a lot of good work I would not want to see Impacted by this condition. Good Luck !! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom