HOW TO: Detailed DIY for Remote Start/Alarm/Keyless Entry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for that mod. I had not seen that before.

Am I correct, that I could also put the extra alarm (-) contact onto that red/yellow wire, and that will make the alarm go off, without changing which lights turn on?View attachment 1338382
I think I'm following what your saying. In theory any wire on the alarm that is triggered by a negative pulse could be used.

Lots of great info here !

One stupid question, when the OP mentions that some wires are 'interrupt type circuit' , does that mean that the cable is cut and the ends connected to the alarm harness per the spreadsheet ?

I have been researching into the remote start install and have not seen any reference to doing something like that

Thanks !

One stupid question, when the OP mentions that some wires are 'interrupt type circuit' , does that mean that the cable is cut and the ends connected to the alarm harness per the spreadsheet ?

I have been researching into the remote start install and have not seen any reference to doing something like that

Thanks !
I wish I knew! I'd like to do this myself but am overwhelmed by the amount of wires.

Thanks !
I'm not sure what "OP" is referencing.

If the "interrupt type circuit" your referring to is the starter wire (commonly used for starter kill), then yes the starter wire is cut and the ends are reconnected at the correct input and output on the alarm/remote start.

The starter wire on a 97 Land Cruiser is Black with a white strip and can be found in the harness plugged into the ignition switch.

Last edited:
LOL.. so I noticed I was looking at a Viper with no security system (Model 4806V), just remote start and door locks, and this one does not have the starter kill feature - therefore no need to cut any wires, just tap in.

This is what happens when I research with too much scotch in me :)

I took a quick look at a newer model 5806V - this one with the security features , and does talk about cutting 'interrupting' wires

Back to the drawing board - this time with less scotch. Thank you !!

LOL.. so I noticed I was looking at a Viper with no security system (Model 4806V), just remote start and door locks, and this one does not have the starter kill feature - therefore no need to cut any wires, just tap in.

This is what happens when I research with too much scotch in me :)

I took a quick look at a newer model 5806V - this one with the security features , and does talk about cutting 'interrupting' wires

Back to the drawing board - this time with less scotch. Thank you !!
lol, your over thinking it. Its not bad. PM me if you have any questions. It will be nice someone can use some of my useless knowledge.

Well.. after a year of research and not finding the time to do this, I ended paying a shop to do it.

Frisco Audio (north of DFW) did a GREAT job and very reasonably priced. They hard wired the tach signal and starts pretty good. No issues

Will someone please confirm the wire color for the horn trigger/switch wire to connect an alarm/remote start on a 97 80? The guide I have says it’s green with blue but I cannot find it.

BD29FD2F-10B5-4514-A7E0-5B76B638F6BC.jpeg

Last edited:
I installed a CompuStar CM7200 remote starter in my LX450 over the weekend. This project was the result of a lot of research into factory connectors and terminals. You can see the specifics of the installation, including Yazaki connector part numbers, at this spreadsheet, but if you'd prefer to just see the pictures of the installation process, you can view those here. Thanks for reading.

Cheers.

View attachment 1830020

Will someone please confirm the wire color for the horn trigger/switch wire to connect an alarm/remote start on a 97 80? The guide I have says it’s green with blue but I cannot find it.

View attachment 2849033
The link in the quote above from ProjectsnMotion says the horn wire is green/red on pin 4 of the I13 connector.

The link in the quote above from ProjectsnMotion says the horn wire is green/red on pin 4 of the I13 connector.

My post is based around an LX450. I know the connectors have different designations between the Lexus and the Toyota, annoyingly, and I haven't looked into the uniformity of wire colors, but the connectors themselves and wire terminations should be the same between Lexus and Toyota. The Toyota wiring diagrams should be consulted when looking at my post, until I find the motivation to add Toyota connector designations and possibly wire colors to my spreadsheet.

Cheers.

Anyone have issues with the alarm working fine, but the remote start no longer working?

Find other security threads here:

Hello all!!! i tried to do this on my 96 LX450 with a factory alarm last week and i had to give up.

I was able to find the harness under the chair, at this moment i just want to lock unlock to work.

I found the wires that go to the viper and tell it if the doors are closed or not with the diodes, those work. but on the lock and unlock wires (blue-yellow and green-red) i cant get it to work.

if i tap the Viper Blue wire to either one, as in just touching it, it will either lock or unlock, nothing happends if i touch the toyota (light green) wire. so i dont understand what that one does.

Seams like this toyota lexus system works with tirggering the wire to ground and it either locks (if one wire is grounded) or unlocks (if other wire is grounded)

nothing happens if i do it with the viper geen wire.

in any case, lots of help if anyone can help me wiring this.

thanks

David G

What viper system are you trying to wire up.

i'm basing everything below on a 95 LC, but i think LX are the same. i'm not sure you have all the right wires identified. full disclosure, i have this all diagrammed out but haven't actually wired it yet :)

toyota blue/orange and blue/yellow are the unlock wires, you need to use both and need diodes on each only allowing voltage from the Viper to the toyota wires
toyota green/red is the lock wire

connect viper blue (unlock) to toyota blue/orange and blue/yellow
connect viper green (lock) to toyota green/red

yes, all these are switched ground

EDIT: i looked at the LX450 EWD and while the lock control wiring is the same, LX450's come w/ a I13 connector for the factory alarm brain, which I think is where you are picking up the B-L, G-R, and LG wires. In regards to the LG wire, that needs to be grounded at the same time as the other unlock wire, B-L. ProjectsNMotion uses two different wires from his Compustar to do this, the normal blue wire for (-) unlock ground pulse and a orange-white named Factory Alarm Disarm which also sends a (-) ground pulse. This wire should exist in your 5806v as the light green/black H2/1 wire if you want to copy his work.

Last edited:
i'm basing everything below on a 95 LC, but i think LX are the same. i'm not sure you have all the right wires identified. full disclosure, i have this all diagrammed out but haven't actually wired it yet :)

toyota blue/orange and blue/yellow are the unlock wires, you need to use both and need diodes on each only allowing voltage from the Viper to the toyota wires
toyota green/red is the lock wire

connect viper blue (unlock) to toyota blue/orange and blue/yellow
connect viper green (lock) to toyota green/red

yes, all these are switched ground

EDIT: i looked at the LX450 EWD and while the lock control wiring is the same, LX450's come w/ a I13 connector for the factory alarm brain, which I think is where you are picking up the B-L, G-R, and LG wires. In regards to the LG wire, that needs to be grounded at the same time as the other unlock wire, B-L. ProjectsNMotion uses two different wires from his Compustar to do this, the normal blue wire for (-) unlock ground pulse and a orange-white named Factory Alarm Disarm which also sends a (-) ground pulse. This wire should exist in your 5806v as the light green/black H2/1 wire if you want to copy his work.
Hey bro, thanks so much for the info.

so if i understand correctly, the LG wire need to be also wires with diode going from viper to wire with the BLUE and also the GREEN wires from the viper?

thats the part that im missing, when does the LG wire need to be grounder and fronm where?

on the 5806v, your saying use the light green/back wire to wire to the LG wire from the lexus?

thanks a lot!

Hey bro, thanks so much for the info.

so if i understand correctly, the LG wire need to be also wires with diode going from viper to wire with the BLUE and also the GREEN wires from the viper?

thats the part that im missing, when does the LG wire need to be grounder and fronm where?

on the 5806v, your saying use the light green/back wire to wire to the LG wire from the lexus?

thanks a lot!
If you said where you are picking up these wires, I missed it. I am assuming the I13 or factory LX security connector.

If so, the viper blue unlock wire needs to be connected to the lexus B-Y wire, with diode. IF the viper works identical to compustar, you can wire the viper orange-white to the Lexus LG wire, with diode, as the viper should send a ground on that wire at the same time as unlock The other way is to Y the viper blue wire to both the Lexus wires, diodes on both.

Lock is simpler. Viper green to Lexus G-R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom