HOW TO: Detailed DIY for Remote Start/Alarm/Keyless Entry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had shop finish mine for $85 and from the looks of it, and the fact that he finished in under an hour it's pretty straight forward.
He said they did not need relay or diodes either.
I bought a refurbished 5204 which is the 2013 version of the 5601 or 5602.
By the way the remotes suck as in the battery cover falls off. I think a good dab of silicone caulk should fix that and still be removable.
I had to change my crank time to 1.2 seconds also as it did not start consitently. When hot it started fine, but cold it needed a little more crank time.
I'm real happy with it.

Anybody use these directions recently on a 1997 LX450? Wondering if they work on my year for a newer (#3606V) Viper alarm without remote start. And if I don't install remote start, do I still need the T-harness? Thanks.

The directions will NOT work.
I tried for hours to figure it out.
If your not familiar with car Alarms have someone do it.

Ha! That's what I figured. I looked up the install manual for the alarm I want and several colors were different plus the new alarm has a whole other 21 pin connector that's not mentioned in this thread. Thanks.

Pulling up an old thread, but a great one. I have a LC, not LX, so the wiring to key is same it appears, but the pinout for door and lights is different. I will document it on this thread when done, so answer is out there. (x-files)

Anyway, have a question:

I am missing something on the relay for the lights.

I should say that every alarm has different wiring colors but the name for functions are similar, so I think something is lost in translation….

This is the instructions:

pin 87 goes to ground

pin 86 goes to 12v constant fused

pin 30 goes to the light retainer relay, (green relay behind relay block) red/black wire tap in.

pin 85 goes to dome light output (negative) of alarm harness AND something else?

Sweet, thank you NC LX!

I'm a bit new to car security wiring and I'm hoping someone here can give me a tip. My Viper alarm (5906V) has one (or maybe it was two, I don't recall offhand) sensor input jack(s) on the main alarm body, but I'd like to rig up more sensors - at a minimum, shock, tilt, and microwave proximity. Ideally I'd do a couple separate shock sensors, a glass break, and maybe an ultrasonic intrusion too.

What's the correct method to wire multiple together to use the limited number of ports? Parallel each wire on all the sensors? Chain the sensors in series? Something else? I'm not new to electronics and do lots of wiring work, I just don't understand the logic the sensors use and can't find a reference anywhere, so I'd love some input from anyone who knows more about this.

Currently, no matter which sensor I have tripping, I get a "shock sensor" alert on my remote, and I just don't have a lot of faith that this is setup ideally.
Any tips?

Several years ago I tied multiple shock sensors together on an install for a customer. It was so sensitive we removed the extra one. The customer got tired of the false alarms every time the wind blew.

Some Alarms do have multiple inputs, hood pin is a common one on remote start/alarm combos. Typically, if i remember correctly, its a negative trigger pulse that will trigger the alarm. Additional sensors could be added to that negative trigger; for example mercury tilt trigger. It's possible who ever did your alarm tied multiple sensors to one trigger input and that why your remote says the same thing for each trigger.

@vegansbane it been a few years since I have been installing but the shock sensor and glass break sensor is the same thing if I'm not mistaken. If you were to break glass it would cause a shock or vibration through out the vehicle. I may be wrong but i think the first generation remotes with two way communication would always show shock sensor when the alarm is triggered.

Pulling up an old thread, but a great one. I have a LC, not LX, so the wiring to key is same it appears, but the pinout for door and lights is different. I will document it on this thread when done, so answer is out there. (x-files)

Anyway, have a question:

pin 85 goes to dome light output (negative) of alarm harness AND something else. The instructions above say Green/white on alarm H2 plug. Anyone know what this is for???

I've referred to this thread a few times over the years. Gonna leave this here for anyone else that has done the same.
Do you happen to have this for 1997 LX450?

Anyway, have a question:

pin 85 goes to dome light output (negative) of alarm harness AND something else. The instructions above say Green/white on alarm H2 plug. Anyone know what this is for???

Im not sure what Alarm you have but the Green/white on the Directed Alarms is the factory alarm rearm wire. Its a negative trigger pulse that rearms the factory alarm after the Remote start shuts down or when the doors are locked.

Im not sure what Alarm you have but the Green/white on the Directed Alarms is the factory alarm rearm wire. Its a negative trigger pulse that rearms the factory alarm after the Remote start shuts down or when the doors are locked.

Mine if Viper, made by directed, but I don't think that I had that color wire. Thanks.

Another question for the alarm folks....

Does anyone hook up the alarm to go off if the rear doors open up?

I wired my door (-) wire to the blue/Red which is the driver/pass door only. Do you have to hook up to another door to get the rear doors to accuate it? I want to at least have the rear liftgate to activate alarm.

Thanks,

Mine if Viper, made by directed, but I don't think that I had that color wire. Thanks.

If you have the 5305, you do. Its pin 24 in a white 24 pin harness.
Another question for the alarm folks....

Does anyone hook up the alarm to go off if the rear doors open up?

I wired my door (-) wire to the blue/Red which is the driver/pass door only. Do you have to hook up to another door to get the rear doors to accuate it? I want to at least have the rear liftgate to activate alarm.

Thanks,

I tied into the dome light, It triggers when any door is open.

If you have the 5305, you do. Its pin 24 in a white 24 pin harness.

I tied into the dome light, It triggers when any door is open.

Will dig into it again when I get home. Thanks for looking it up! I must have missed something.

On the light thing.....

Huh. Wonder if that is an LX vs LC difference.

When I open the front door, only the front dome goes on. When I open a rear door, the second and third dome light go on.

Will dig into it again when I get home. Thanks for looking it up! I must have missed something.

On the light thing.....

Huh. Wonder if that is an LX vs LC difference.

When I open the front door, only the front dome goes on. When I open a rear door, the second and third dome light go on.

Here the kick panel dome light mod that will solve your door trigger issue. I did this on my LX. Turns the rear dome lights on when any door is open.
Dome light operation

I've referred to this thread a few times over the years. Gonna leave this here for anyone else that has done the same.
Do you happen to have this for 1997 LX450?

Here the kick panel dome light mod that will solve your door trigger issue. I did this on my LX. Turns the rear dome lights on when any door is open.
Dome light operation

Thanks for that mod. I had not seen that before.

Am I correct, that I could also put the extra alarm (-) contact onto that red/yellow wire, and that will make the alarm go off, without changing which lights turn on?
jumped arrows.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom