How heavy is your 80's series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last time mine was weighed it was 2.64 tonnes and the legal GVM for an 80 is 2.96 tonnes.

5860 with my pup (60#). Full tank with 315 and winch.

20230722_100656.jpg

20230722_102918.jpg

2900 KG (roughly 6300 lbs) as per the dump's weighbridge. ARB, drawers, tools, spares etc, me and a 8x4 trailer.

Holy hell, I get outfitting a rig for camping, but maybe the cast iron pot bellied stove wasn't a good plan! 🤣

I'm definitely starting to understand some of the differences in fuel mileage though. I'm at 5500 according to the unmanned ODOT scale down the road. No 3rd row seats, but I have a plywood drawer system. Winch mounted on a TG bumper and dual batteries up front. I'll have to check again when I get the new tire combo and actually check the front to rear balance.

PXL_20231007_013127637.jpg

Holy hell, I get outfitting a rig for camping, but maybe the cast iron pot bellied stove wasn't a good plan! 🤣

I'm definitely starting to understand some of the differences in fuel mileage though. I'm at 5500 according to the unmanned ODOT scale down the road. No 3rd row seats, but I have a plywood drawer system. Winch mounted on a TG bumper and dual batteries up front. I'll have to check again when I get the new tire combo and actually check the front to rear balance.

View attachment 3481544
Add a rear bumper with dual swingouts, extra fuel/water, rack, tent, sliders, skid plate, heavy ass tires, tools and gear for a week+ and of course the extremely heavy fender flares you're missing then we can see how close you get to my thiccness! :) Not that I'm proud of it.

The crazy thing is it's not uncommon at all for Australian touring rigs to be close to 10K lbs.

Add a rear bumper with dual swingouts, extra fuel/water, rack, tent, sliders, skid plate, heavy ass tires, tools and gear for a week+ and of course the extremely heavy fender flares you're missing then we can see how close you get to my thiccness! :) Not that I'm proud of it.

The crazy thing is it's not uncommon at all for Australian touring rigs to be close to 10K lbs.
Yeah, we're not comparing apples to apples... Your weight is fully loaded for a trip, mine was outfitted for cruising around the neighborhood. I'm definitely going to pick up some weight with sliders and a rear bumper at some point though I plan to try to keep the weight gain to a minimum even for trips. I grew up backpacking, so my idea of camping is a bit lighter weight than a lot of folks will tolerate.

Just another phat 80 here at 7500#, move along, nothing to see here :)

1700086537695.png

5460 lbs today With me in it. Little less than 1/2 tank, 2 rows of seats, 35s on stock 16s, stock bumpers and no hitch. Oh yea, and the S/C.

minimal tools, no 3rd row, recovery stuff, spare rear driveshaft. and no spare tire it was 5420 at the quarry scale a few years ago. That was with my 37” Toyo street tires and aluminum Toyota wheels and before the front axle got 3 linked. I would guess now it’s 56-5800 pounds.

Makes me wanna drive it up and weigh it again! Id like to know front to back proportion like @SNLC has..

Post picks of your 80s so we can all understand the weight and different uses we all have.. some poser and wheelin pics. Everyone likes pics 😂

View attachment 3416685

View attachment 3416686

View attachment 3416687

View attachment 3455190

Where'd you get that steering setup? It looks pretty beefy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom