Hood scoop pics! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ill post it up once installed.
Please do! I’ve seen their products and have no reservations about the quality. Just not fully sure I want to cut that big of a hole in my hood without knowing exactly what it’s going to look like. Very much looking forward to seeing your results - especially give the price and proxemity of the company to me.

Please do! I’ve seen their products and have no reservations about the quality. Just not fully sure I want to cut that big of a hole in my hood without knowing exactly what it’s going to look like. Very much looking forward to seeing your results - especially give the price and proxemity of the company to me.
well heres the deal, I have a water intercooler so Ill need to scoop hood anyway, but would rather try louvers as Im northeast even tho Im in moab area half doz times a year. so Im going to give this a shot. its quality is serious.

well heres the deal, I have a water intercooler so Ill need to scoop hood anyway, but would rather try louvers as Im northeast even tho Im in moab area half doz times a year. so Im going to give this a shot. its quality is serious.
Might be able to talk to the company and see if they can create “reverse louvers” that force air down rather that draw air out.

Scoop is fiberglass mounted directly to intercooler, then you cut a hole in your hood to shut the hood with the scoop sticking out. It is totally redneck, and I wouldn't do it again, but it was fun to annoy the neighbors and worked great :hillbilly:

No problem with rain, just made the intercooler more intercoolery. For a while I just had a hole in the hood and had the truck parked through multiple rain/snow events--didn't get anything important wet.

p.s. car in background is buddy's homemade race car--not an atom, but looks pretty similar.

Makes sense, I thought this was your Air Intake for your engine, not an intercooler. VERY COOLER' now!!! and makes sense that rain only adds to the cooling effect.

as far as the Redneckery' , I actually think its cooler that its well sealed to the inter-cooler and the hood cutout for it, like an old school muscle car.

do you get any water in engine bay when driving in rain with that subaru scoop

Nothing to note. I'm sure it must but I never noticed it.

Hood scoops and hood louvers do two very different jobs. If you have an air to air intercooler you need to force air over it.
I hear you, Im trying to run just louvers and not the IC as I really dont need all the extra plumbing that goes with it, plus My time in the desert is rarely in the hot months. I have the intercooler because it was a good deal.

I used same subaru scoop and put it backwards on my rig "boost". Link in sig line. The thought was to allow air to pass by engine and exit out the scoop, not trying to do air/air or air/water cooling for S/C.

Your answer has nothing to do with my ?

I have the same scoop forward on my offroad rig, FOO and I have had it allow water/moisture onto the head and likely down spark plug tube, as I would have a miss. Blow it out with air and it was good. Never saw the standing water in hole....

I'll play ..

20170303154325-f1bd37d9-me.jpg

I was thinking about doing a hood scoop as well. The Subaru WRX hood scoop appeals to me but I am not sure if I would run it facing forward or aft to help vent hot air.

But then remembered my buddy had used a Poison Spyder hood louver on his frontier. The louver is designed for the JK but he was able to get it to work on his small Frontier hood, with the real estate of the FJ80 hood it should not be an issue to get this thing to work.

Here is a picture of what I plan on using but I think I will have cerakoted or anodized.

17-53-011-2.jpg

I was thinking about doing a hood scoop as well. The Subaru WRX hood scoop appeals to me but I am not sure if I would run it facing forward or aft to help vent hot air.

But then remembered my buddy had used a Poison Spyder hood louver on his frontier. The louver is designed for the JK but he was able to get it to work on his small Frontier hood, with the real estate of the FJ80 hood it should not be an issue to get this thing to work.

Here is a picture of what I plan on using but I think I will have cerakoted or anodized.

View attachment 1732246
Does that give more room underneath?

I just like the way they look. Think I'll get one that's magnetic so I can just stick it on my hood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom