Honda Accord head gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

morganism

SunkCostFallacy
Threads
2002 4cyl 2.3

Burning water, but oil is clean. Overheated couple times last 2 weeks. Melted the overflow tank 2 months ago.

head gasket, or crate engine?

recommend gasket? Mahle is avail, but not complete set in kit. I dont see any avail with copper beads on the edges

Just read that i shouldn't do valve job, as the raised compression blows the rings loose, and increases oil consumption. Its at a quart a month right now

2002 4cyl 2.3

Burning water, but oil is clean. Overheated couple times last 2 weeks. Melted the overflow tank 2 months ago.

head gasket, or crate engine?

recommend gasket? Mahle is avail, but not complete set in kit. I dont see any avail with copper beads on the edges

Just read that i shouldn't do valve job, as the raised compression blows the rings loose, and increases oil consumption. Its at a quart a month right now
Long block time unfortunately

the first time it got hot you were ok with a head gasket.

that time has passed.

find a running car and pull the motor, swap it in.

If yours is like all the other 02 Honda’s it’s got almost 300k and isn’t worth a new motor. So keep it cheap, pull a running motor and do nothing but put it in and enjoy it for the next 20-30k

I have done lots of short and long blocks in my time and that includes head gaskets. I would side with rhah just eliminate the potential risk and go with a running long block. Do both a static and dynamic compression test. Test the oil pressure if that is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom