HJ60 RHD Diesel Wagon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I went to my girlfriend’s sister’s wedding this weekend. On the way up to Buelton where the wedding was I passed a RHD HJ60 wagon on the freeway. I pulled alongside and gave them the thumbs up. Fast forward 2 hours and I arrive at the ranch where the wedding is being held. Low and behold the cruiser was parked in the same dirt lot.

I find out that one of the groomsmen owns an import business and brings these rare cruisers in from Canada and New Zealand. After an enjoyable weekend and a wedding that went off without a hitch I was about to leave. I find out that one of the groomsmen had gone wheeling with the guy and got it stuck. I drive the 2 miles down the dirt road to find the cruiser on a small farm bridge with the right front wheel off the bridge in a marshy muck.

I spent two hours helping them get it out and made a few friends along the way. Duke is the owner of the cruiser and he said he’d like to go wheeling. He is planning on attending our next club meeting. I hope everyone is ready to see a rare diesel RHD crusier.

For those that would say, “Pics or it didn’t happen.” Here ya go:

Nice rig

Maybe he can get you that Diesel engine you been waiting for...eh !!!

Nice rig

Maybe he can get you that Diesel engine you been waiting for...eh !!!

You mean diesel rig.... :D

I may settle for the engine but the whole CA ref thing is scary.

I was looking into the 12HT diesel sway and those engines use the same transmissions with a different valve body. Wouldn't be hard to swap in. I'm not exactly sure what else would be needed for the swap but it doesn't sound hard if I got a "half cut."

The problem then becomes, where do I store a half cut! I'm sure my neighbors would love that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom