Henry (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spoke to him, they are ok and evac'd but the fire has pushed hard their way this morning, crews using his place to stage but I fear it has come down the mountain, blowing south since yesterday evening, not good for Henrys. stayed out of the dry creek valley as far as I know but everything west of the Dry Creek ridge to the coast is a s*** show. Prayers for the Henrys, they are gonna need em.

Havent heard from James in a few days, anyone ? The fire has been pounding that area, its a crap shoot, It don't look good but we pray for his house.
They were out & safe.

Hello PMC'ers -
I'm posting a message Now that the Walbridge fire has settled down to let everybody know that we were able to save our place on Sweetwater Springs Rd with lots of help from the fire fighters, strike teams, ground crews, con crews, Dozer crews, local private Dozer volunteers, friends and neighbors who stuck it out.

It was one of the most sketchy and stressful times I can remember.
Between watching all the hills around us on fire and watching it creep closer and closer for weeks, wondering if it was all going to be gone or if it could be saved. What to pack, what to save, what to take, what to leave. In that sense we we fortune to have time to pack and pick and choose.
Trying to cat nap for an hour here and there for almost 2 weeks, racing around the fire roads and neighbors fire roads even the main roads putting out spot fires, trying to find roll-outs, falling trees on fire and trying to keep it from jumping the fire breaks and fire roads. I can't stress how important us having established and clear fire roads to the remote areas and having those roads create barriers that the fire stopped at was paramount. DO this if you have land!

We are in a much better position now but It will be until heavy rains likely mid November? that the still burning stumps and smoldering spots within the burn areas will be out. Lets pray for a break with crazy fire storm business that has been happening for way too many of us.

We are now busy with assisting the utility companies using our usable flat areas on the property as a base camp in the replacement of burned distribution lines out into the hills, via helicopters and some brutal ground workers having to traverse ROUGH land in the upper hills and canyons beyond.

Amy and I both appreciate the messages form you all and apologize for just now getting back to you all.
Thanks and we will see you sooner or later - hopefully sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom