Help with MUD messages? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys - having some trouble with MUD messaging.

Usually there's a button to "start conversation" with a fellow member, but now that's disappeared. I upgraded to a paid silver-star account hoping that would fix it, but it hasn't.

Any advice? Is there something I'm missing?

Here's what profiles look like for me:

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 7.48.28 PM.png

thanks,
- Spence

ALL profiles, or just one user? (....who may have messaging turned off...)

Thanks for the quick response @woody. All profiles. I actually had to create a new account in order to send a message.

For reference, here's what it looks like when viewing your profile:

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 7.57.49 PM.png

Don't see a way to message members. Originally assumed it was my inbox limit, and when I upgraded to Silver Star -- momentarily I could send message again. But now I really can't.

Am I using the forum wrong? Thanks,
- Spencer

No, and I checked your permissions settings earlier, and there appeared to be no limitations.

I'll dig into it tomorrow morning....very odd...not quite sure yet what I'm missing with the permissions.

Don't see a way to message members. Originally assumed it was my inbox limit, and when I upgraded to Silver Star -- momentarily I could send message again. But now I really can't.

Am I using the forum wrong? Thanks,
- Spencer
Ran an update script a few minutes ago, didn't appear to change anything in your permissions....but perhaps it cleared the issue?

Thanks @woody - that seemed to fix the issue. Looks like this now:

Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 11.26.18 PM.png

I'll reach out again if I see the issue pop up. Wonder if it's just or other people experienced the same thing (albeit less vocal ;)

Thanks again for hosting MUD, it's truly an incredible asset to the community.
- Spencer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom