Help! FJC wont start after trailer wire kit install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted this over at FJCforum and no response yet, kind of in a hurry.
New owner of used 07 FJ Cruiser. Ok, i installed factory trailer wire kit, now starter wont turn over. Battery good, no clicking from starter, all dash lights come on. Possible culprit: i did see under the dash area where i was installing the controller, a group of three plugs that have no apparant mates. One of them is a 2 wire plug that had a piece of bailing wire for a jumper? Could this be a seatbelt switch that needs to be closed for the starter to work? I had a VW like that once. Could this have shorted out while i was messing around down there? All the major heavy amp fuses are good. The bottom pic is of the cheap jumper that was in there.
4D1C654A-BD8F-4583-8683-1815C9405BC3.jpeg

8143120F-106A-4D45-A109-F7A9AF1524EB.jpeg

A6616A69-419B-4643-ADE3-135D952667AC.jpeg
Ok, mystery partially solved.
First good news, the truck started after i decided to make a new jumper from insulated wire and spade connectors. My original presumption was that the bare wire jumper had grounded on some bare metal and fried something somewhere, as the jumper was in place when I discovered it. However it must have been knocked loose a little, just enough to not make contact.
Second, WHAT THE HECK IS IT!?! I still want to know what this plug was supposed to go to, and why it needs a jumper in order to start? Any help with this question?

post to NorCalFJ group, we have a great guy by the name of Nestor. He is the best auto electrical guy I know.
When you sign up to NorCalFJ sign up to the facebook group, more activity there and Nestor will read your post there. If no luck, I can send your question directly to him. LMK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom