Hello from Santa Ynez (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,
I'm David and I just wanted to introduce myself. I recently bought a stock 1992 FJ80 with 168k miles that I plan to drive on a daily basis and turn into an expedition type vehicle for more longer campings trips that involve moderate off roading, but nothing extreme. I am in the Santa Ynez Valley and am interested in learning more about working on these vehicles, so if there are any central coast 80 series owners that ever need a hand let me know! 859-492-7018

Things I am planning to do to my FJ80 (likely order):
1. Replace vacuum hoses, EGR, PCV : slightly rough idle, runs great at higher rpms
2. Heavy Duty 2" OME Lift and 35" tires : debating, current setup w/33" probably has enough ground clearnce for terrain I will tackle, but planning to add front/rear bumber, roof rack and roof top tent. Current springs don't have much sag at all, but not sure how they will handle the load, may also consider upgrading front brakes to FZJ80 rotor size and getting 16" wheel to accommodate.
IMG_2066.JPG

3. Roof rack and roof top tent
4. Onboard hot water set up
5. air compressor
6. additional exterior lighting
7. rear storage/fridge

Hey David,

I'm Travis. I just moved to Solvang about a week ago. I have a 2008 GX470 that I bought to overland with. I haven't done anything with it yet but I did just get a full suspension delivered from Slee this week. I think I saw your rig today near the Mexican restaurant in Santa Ynez. If you have any recommendations for a place to install my suspension, let me know!

Last edited:
Hey David,

I'm Travis. I just moved to Solvang about a week ago. I have a 2008 GX470 that I bought to overland with. I haven't done anything with it yet but I did just get a full suspension delivered from Slee this week. I think I saw your rig today near the Mexican restaurant in Santa Ynez. If you have any recommendations for a place to install my suspension, let me know!

Hey Travis,
Welcome to the valley. I do most all of my own work and haven't had anyone locally do any work for me, so I don't have any good recommendations for you. Happy to help a bit if you feel like doing the install yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom