Headlight wire harness FJ60 and FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A_LI - Copy.jpg

Nothing for a 62?

Are these back in stock for a 60?

No.

But Toyota makes a good one that is very reasonable.

@ToyotaMatt sells a customized version of it that he outfits with tuned LEDs

FJ40 and FJ60s.

Toyota makes one??

It's a Toyota made harness.

There's a bunch of threads on it.

The one Matt sells is the Toyota harness that he 'tunes' with some high end LED bulbs and some other tricks. Maybe he'll chime in and detail it.

Stock, the harness comes with normal H4 bulbs.

It's plug n play.

Toyota harness is super cheap and cant be beat. Part number is 81110-60P70
Can get it from MANY online dealers or your local toyota dealer for cheap.
Cheers to @OGBeno who originally discovered this kit for all of us. :cheers:

Just received the Koito kit for the 60. So nice for so little money. Going to run the harness that came with the kit since I changed the bulbs to Hella 80/100, but looking for suggestions on best route to run the harness from battery side to driver side. Zip tied under the rad support?

Just received the Koito kit for the 60. So nice for so little money. Going to run the harness that came with the kit since I changed the bulbs to Hella 80/100, but looking for suggestions on best route to run the harness from battery side to driver side. Zip tied under the rad support?
I just bought and installed the same kit, great kit. I ran the wiring behind the valence along side the tubing for the headlight cleaners, there are some good tie down locations and it's away from all moving parts and engine heat. Should be well protected from the elements as well.

Thanks
Scott

Last edited:
That's cuz they aren't for sale. This is now a DIY project thanks to @slcfj62 sharing the schematics from back when he was selling them.

I finally got around to putting one together ... sorta. I looked at the Toyota/Koito harness everyone is talking about (I got one with my new H4 headlight housings) but I decided not to use it.
  1. The instructions want the relays to be mounted in the cab as they aren't weather proof. I abuse my cruiser in flooded arroyos and river crossings.
  2. The harness isn't routed all that well for a 70 series so I'd have to loop / extend some things.
  3. It uses just two relays. I like the redundancy in the original Toyota circuit - 1 relay each for LH and RH power, and a third relay for switching ground between high and low beams.
So, I turned back to @slcfj62's design, but the Bussman RTMR waterproof fuse box has been backordered at Waytek for months. So while waiting for that to come in, I built one using some off the shelf relays. I figured when the RTMR arrives I'll just swap to that. If it ever arrives.

Everything works great with one exception. When I switch on the high beams, the blue dash indicator doesn't illuminate.

Eric posted some good info in another thread but I'm scratching my head trying to figure out where I went wrong in following Eric's schematics. Any suggestions on why thedash indicator won't light up?

The Hi beam indicator light in the dash works this way: It has a permanent path to ground. The other side of the indicator light is connected to the ground side of the Lo beam headlights. When the Lo beam headlights are on, the ground side of the Lo beam headlights is grounded through the HI/LO switch, and both sides of the Hi beam indicator light are at ground potential. When you switch to Hi beams, the ground to the LO beam headlights is removed, and the HI Beam Indicator has a path to 12 volts through the LO Beam headlight filaments which act as a wire for the very low wattage indicator light, and the non grounded side of the Hi beam indicator light "floats" up to 12 volts through the LO beam headlight elements.

Has anyone decided to make these kits and sell?

Has anyone decided to make these kits and sell?

Best bet is to invest in better LED headlights and not mess with the wiring harness at all. They have much less draw and don’t require more current = upgraded harness.

Best bet is to invest in better LED headlights and not mess with the wiring harness at all. They have much less draw and don’t require more current = upgraded harness.

I would prefer to stick with halogens if possible. Halogen fits the resto style of vehicle better.

^^THIS^^ If you have a 60, you can get glass-lens, round Koito headlights WITH a wiring harness from Toyota shockingly cheap! You can put LED bulbs in those, and they look completely stock

I would prefer to stick with halogens if possible. Halogen fits the resto style of vehicle better.

Consider these if you want something that looks period correct but has modern performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom