Headgasket Replacement help '96 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there,

I wanted to post in here and see if anyone around Nashville has replaced a Head Gasket themselves and might want to help someone do it? I do not have the place or the knowledge to tackle this on my own but am willing to learn and do what I am told. I've talked with Barry Davis at TLC automotive and im just wanting to see what all of my options are (trying to keep costs down as much as possible). So if anyone who has the place and the knowledge like to help a fellow cruiser guy out just let me know. Also I have attached my black stone oil test.

Thanks,
Montgomery

Attachments

• 96 LAND CRUISER-190824.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 182
Good luck finding help with your project. I haven't had much luck here with that and can't drive my LC to Columbia which is where everybody recommends going. I would have to tow it there.

Never changed a head gasket but would be glad to lend a hand. I'm dealing with number 6 cylinder miss and need to get to the wiring harness to check for burnt wires at the egr but getting to the area is difficult. I think I am going to have to just rip into it and start tearing things apart.

I have never done a 1FZ HG personally. @radioridge has probably done it most recently, but he's down near Chattanooga. As far as time and space, your likely going to be down for a few days ifyouhave the head checked (and I would if you've got it off). I'm south of town, not sure where abouts you are, but will be pretty busy on the weekends til about mid November, so if it isn't your daily and can wait, I might have a place and some tools to fiddle with it.

@another what were you needing help with? The middle TN group isn't very active on MUD but if I can offer any advice let me know.

I have never done a 1FZ HG personally. @radioridge has probably done it most recently, but he's down near Chattanooga. As far as time and space, your likely going to be down for a few days ifyouhave the head checked (and I would if you've got it off). I'm south of town, not sure where abouts you are, but will be pretty busy on the weekends til about mid November, so if it isn't your daily and can wait, I might have a place and some tools to fiddle with it.

@another what were you needing help with? The middle TN group isn't very active on MUD but if I can offer any advice let me know.

@jynx thanks. I'm getting the intermittent P0306 misfire on #6 and want to open the wiring harness at the egr to look for shorts/burnt wires while doing as little disassembly as possible to gain access. Some folks have small hands and are triple jointed and can get to things easy. Not me. Bad back, bad eyes, fat hands. Now, if the motor was on a workbench, I'd probably do okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom