Headed to Ft. Polk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, after being told I was headed to Vegas and then told no...then told it might be Georgia or upstate NY... Nope. I'm headed to Ft. Polk, Louisiana. I'll be stationed there starting this Jun-Aug. it is Leesville, so, a little off the beaten path. I've noticed that Hot springs AR and other Off road venues/events (TX) are close.

Anyway... I've been on mud for awhile and I've been out of country for awhile (Korea and Germany). So, I look forward to getting back to the States and Land cruisers. Hope to meet some of you guys in a few months!

Welcome, I have a few friends that work at Fort Polk. Its a nice area with forest roads all over the area (Kisatchie National Forest) Alexandria has a country feel to it but has everything you'd need and still within and hour of Lafayette where we are based out of. Sadly your coming in during our hottest time of the year South Louisiana summers just suck you'll find yourself soak n wet standing outside 10mins but it is what it is seek cold beer and some AC :cheers: Look us up when you make the move and we can call meet and greet to say hello and have a few beers. We have a very active FB page if you're on there as well Group: Bayou State Land Cruiser Association

Thanks Larry for the response. I love to fish and off-road. So, I think that area will be great for both. I was born and raised in Alabama so I'm used to the crazy hot, humid late summer days. I'll let you guys know when we arrive and I'll check in on FB as well!

Daniel you need to go ahead and put in for leave for Oct 12-15 and come on over with the LA bunch to the Southern Cruiser Crawl at Hot Springs ORV park. We'd love to have ya bro.

Thanks Jeff! I plan on attending every event that I possibly can. The SCC is definitely one that I'll attend barring something crazy come up. I've been gone for far too long (back to back Korea/Germany tours).

I'll be dragging my FJ40 and FJ45 to Lousiana. My wife is already "thrilled" about that.

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0166.JPG
...finally made it. Look forward to meeting everyone over the coming weeks!

Welcome and look forward to meeting you :cheers: I hope you catch a breeze for moving day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom