Hdj81 speed conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im curious if anyone has converted their HDJ81 from kph to mph. I happen to have a spare cluster from a 94 fzj80 and was wondering if i could swap the speedometer or if id have to mess with the sensor on the tcase. Thank you in advance!

i dont know if you can just swap clusters diesel is going to have some different warning lights and the tach will not work. i would see if you could just get a mph skin to go over the current speedo

i dont know if you can just swap clusters diesel is going to have some different warning lights and the tach will not work. i would see if you could just get a mph skin to go over the current speedo
Thats what I currently have. Im wondering if the mph skin will match up or if the tcase speed gear is different from a US model

this is bigger than a breadbox. Quick and dirty? just put one of those old garmin units on the windshield that has mph on it. The in-depth land cruiser black hole to do this correct would require the correct cluster and maybe some speed sender units inside the t-case or tranny. pretty sure there are some OGs on here who have done this but with parts already scarce as it is. the garmin is the best bet.

Thats what I currently have. Im wondering if the mph skin will match up or if the tcase speed gear is different from a US model

that i dont know, you could swap the sin and double check the speed by sticking a gps on the windshield and seeing if theres a significant difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom