GX470 Wheel/Tire/Lift Picture Combination Thread (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheels: Stock
Tires: 255/75r17 Cooper AT4-4S (spare fits like a glove, inflated)
Spacers: None
Lift: OME 885 front, 895 rear. FJ upper stops on rear springs.
Mods: ARB bumper positioning still being tweaked.

FN Six Shooters 17x8 ET 0 - ~21lbs
285/70R17 Load C BFG KO2 (Factory Rubicon Takeoffs 5 for $950!!)

FN wheels is an Awesome company. Great customer service. If you're on the fence...go for it.

6BE85631-EBB2-4C55-96B5-AFE644733A26.jpeg

4E3B656A-3DFB-4F65-B651-DC5ECE2FEF6F.jpeg

Any pics of how much you trimmed off? My 17x9 +0 wheels are finally about to arrive and I have a feeling trimming will be in order.

Suspension: Stock @ 70k miles w/ original struts/shocks/airbags
Wheels: Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro (17x7 w/ +4mm offset)
Tires: 275/70r17 Cooper S/T Maxx (32.2x11)

Running boards removed and the front wheel well liners were moved forward approx. 2" to clear the tires. No modification to the body mount. No rubbing.

full

Did you notice an increase in handling/road manners going with the 18"? Locally, a set for sale and I'm considering for a road tire and keeping my stock 17's for off road use.

not really. I did when I changed out all the shocks to Ironman pro foam. but not so much the wheel and tires. I'm really happy with the size. It looks great and has not affected gas mileage or power much at all. I have not wheeled this vehicle at all yet though. I have driven around in some heavy snow, but no serious offroading.

This is the setup I'm looking at. How is the ride quality? I know that's an opened ended question. Just looking for an opinion.

The ride quality is excellent. After a ton of research it seemed like the best option for a smooth ride was the Robinson kit.

Here it is, towards the end of the video you can see shots of it in Moab and Colorado. I rechecked by wheel order and they were 17x9 -12 offset

I never thought to check the 120 section of the forum. Threw some 315/70/17 E range BFGs on the stock wheels a month or so ago. Almost went big and cut/did the 37" version, but that could have been ugly! The wheels definitely need to be repainted since its been a few years and the weights aren't on the outside anymore.

Side note: The 37's look good on the heep at the end with the stock 7.5" wide wheels.

GX1.jpg

GX2.jpg

GX3.jpg

GX4.jpg

Jeep on 37s.png

Last edited:
ooooooooooo, armory wheels... very nice! more pics!

Here's a link to the FS post - if you want/need additional pictures of the wheel/tire combo, let me know. Thx - shane

View attachment 1396768

Wheels: 2015 SR5 wheels (painted)
Tires: 285/70/17 BFG K02
Spacers: None
Lift: 2.5" front coil spacer, rear airbag trick
Other mods- removed and chopped running boards, heat gun on fender liners, Rocky Road sliders. No rubbing.
@GXLee Dude this looks awesome! I think I'm going to get some 2017 Runner SR5 wheels now, in fact I just looked up some in my area. Do you mind sharing your paint color / process for them? I love how they turned out!

@GXLee Dude this looks awesome! I think I'm going to get some 2017 Runner SR5 wheels now, in fact I just looked up some in my area. Do you mind sharing your paint color / process for them? I love how they turned out!
Thanks! Sanded to rough them up, 3 coats of black sandable primer, then 3 coats of Storm Grey Metallic paint. Finished with a couple coats of clear coat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom