GX470 Wheel/Tire/Lift Picture Combination Thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stock wheels
1.25” spidertrax spacers
1554F133-C8ED-4C25-BA67-B21D62037174.jpeg

275/70/17 cooper st maxx
2” Elka front and rear lift/airbag delete

Stock wheels
1.25” spidertrax spacers
275/70/17 cooper st maxx
2” Elka front and rear lift/airbag delete

How do you like Elka suspension? Is the slow and high speed adjustment makes big difference? Does it have internal bypass?

I’m not exactly sure what internal bypass is. It’s got the remote reservoirs in front and back and they each have simple dials for adjustments to firm/soft. I just cracked 500 miles and they retorqued it for me on tuesday actually. So I haven’t made any adjustments yet but I think I am going to try and soften it up a little bit to help with all the wash board around here. Not sure if you saw my pix from Pennsylvania Gulch last weekend but that trail is a bonafide county road! Colorado roads are serious crap. There are dirt roads surrounded by civilization in the strangest places. I’m just trying to say I experience a lot of washboard in just daily driving. My initial impression is that it’s a great replacement and has a Lexus feel to it. Plus it’s my first lift so I have no reference point. Not sure where you are but I’ll be at the toytec meet an greet Saturday, I’ll give rides to anyone interested! Lol

I’m not exactly sure what internal bypass is. It’s got the remote reservoirs in front and back and they each have simple dials for adjustments to firm/soft. I just cracked 500 miles and they retorqued it for me on tuesday actually. So I haven’t made any adjustments yet but I think I am going to try and soften it up a little bit to help with all the wash board around here. Not sure if you saw my pix from Pennsylvania Gulch last weekend but that trail is a bonafide county road! Colorado roads are serious crap. There are dirt roads surrounded by civilization in the strangest places. I’m just trying to say I experience a lot of washboard in just daily driving. My initial impression is that it’s a great replacement and has a Lexus feel to it. Plus it’s my first lift so I have no reference point. Not sure where you are but I’ll be at the toytec meet an greet Saturday, I’ll give rides to anyone interested! Lol
19 TRD pro got Fox suspension with internal bypass. So does OME BP-51. Internal bypass is section of shock travel that have different damping at different travel. The idea is to be able to absorb much more energy at the last stroke of suspension while maintaining good comfort.

Thanks for the offer. Too bad I am in Ohio. I really love to get a ride. I heard nothing but good thing about it.

This is probably my favorite 120 thread.
I have Two relevant questions:

1. Those using spacers for OEM wheels, are they for the Front and Back?
2. What is considered the best all around offset in aftermarket 17x8” wheels; -0 ?

How do you like the ride quality of the Elkas??? This is the system I want to end up running
Honestly it is awesome. After the guys at Toytec did a retorque after 500 miles I finally played with the high speed compression setting. I moved to to a softer setting to help with washboard roads I drive daily. It rides better than my other gx that is completely stock with under 100k miles. I couldn’t be happier.

This is probably my favorite 120 thread.
I have Two relevant questions:

1. Those using spacers for OEM wheels, are they for the Front and Back?
2. What is considered the best all around offset in aftermarket 17x8” wheels; -0 ?
They are needed mainly for the front to clear the UCA but most use front and rear. The taller the lift the more the front wheel lose track due control arm radius. Most people also wanted the wider stance look.
Personally I thik the TRD Pro +4 is the best for keeping tire below the fender and reduce rub to body mount. There is FN FXpro that are 17x8. A lot of people like the skate board look and put - 12 or even wider but then you would need to clearance the fender and body mount more due to wheel scrub radius when turning.

1.25" spacer is most common.
I have 1" with OEM wheels.
I like to find 3/4" spacer but they are a lot more expensive for some reason.

Do you happen to remember the part #s? Looking at doing a similar Dobinson set up, 2.5" up front with ~3" long travel in the rear. Did you do a diff drop, and how does the Dobinson set up ride compared to stock? Thanks!
I have the 3in dobinsons and JBA uca with 3 in in the rear. Imedietly my boots started leaking and I replaced both axles with OEM. I put the diff drop in for peace of mind. Rides much better than stock. I have 285 falkens. Got the wheelers bump stop I will install soon and post pictures. The reason why I did the diff drop is because without it my axels would bind at full droop. Also I had to cut a front sway bar bolt and I haven't put the front or rear back on yet but hasn't been sketchy at all but I am a defensive grandma driver around town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom