Builds GW Nugget's Family Haulin Lx450 build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sliders...
ToyotaDon recently met Billy the owner of Brute Force Fab. He said he could make sliders for the 80 series. So I made a visit to his shop yesterday & this is what I saw. I ordered a set, it will be about 4 weeks out. I'm really pumped, I can't wait.
20150718_124809.jpg

Last edited:
I also just got in the mail today. I read about them & was curious. Then they poped up for sale. They don't make these anymore, but Trail Gear will have a double wiper version very soon for the 80s.
20150718_210036.jpg

I also just got in the mail today. I read about them & was curious. Then they poped up for sale. They don't make these anymore, but Trail Gear will have a double wiper version very soon for the 80s.
View attachment 1108589
Those longfield wiper seals work really good.....position the slice @12oclock.

I got the body lift on this weekend. An inch doesn't sound like much but it is. 3.5" total now. Maybe to tall, but looks good. I wanted more fender room not to be taller. I'll see wear it sits after the sliders get on.
20150727_092327.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome.

Yeah, nice looking LX. Those sliders you ordered look like they will be quite effective. I have the White Knuckle sliders and was thinking about redoing them so they stick out more like those.

Thanks. The sliders you see are a 74" set he made for a Tocoma. He just sat them up there on the stock step hangers, I'm sure they won't stick that far out. Maybe flush with the tire. Does anyone have a theroy? He will fill in the gaps with plate. You know the dogs & kids little feet thing.
My next delima is raising up the rear bumper either the whole thing or just the side wings.
Screenshot_2015-07-27-09-58-10.png

View attachment 1108589

Tried those. Got about 30k before they started leaking...a lot. 30k isn't horrible I suppose but I'll be going back to OEM when I redo this knuckle side.

I got the body lift on this weekend. An inch doesn't sound like much but it is. 4" total now. Maybe to tall, but looks good. I wanted more fender room not to be taller. I'll see wear it sits after the sliders get on.
View attachment 1112615

How does the linkage work now? Met a mudder with a body lift and now he can't shift into low gear. I didn't really look too much into it. Not something I would consider.

There are pro's & cons to everything. The shifter is low but can be raised. It's a 12mm 1.25mm.
20150727_151630.jpg

If it pops out on the trail then I will raise it up trim plastic etc... The pro is I don't rub fenders anymore. I took it out yesterday & bump stoped all corners to check.
20150727_094017.jpg

20150727_094324.jpg

Last edited:
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
A Duiser 1" body lift product review.

I just recently installed a Duiser body lift kit said to be a the only complete kit on the market. The install was smooth & I'm really happy with it. My rig is very clean underneath so I didn't have any rust to deal with. It can be done in a half day easy if you stay focused. I have small curious kids that want daddy time so I did it slowly with many family breaks in about 10 hours. Here is a pic of the parts.

The first thing I noticed was the all aluminum pucks... I don't know if that was just a one off to fill the order because of resourcing the poly good or bad for corrosion, but I live in the desert, so I'll move on. The bolts are 3/8" by 5", 5.5" & 7". The 7" are for the front & 5.5" for rear. Don't get them mixed up like I did.

Here on mud there is a very detailed thread that was very informative with good pictures.

Definitive 1" Body Lift How To

It is said in there the rear bolts can be a bear to get in. I just made sure it was lifted high enough to get the bolt in at an angle before it went in strait.

The radiator bracket did not fit my 97 LX very good so I modified it. In the picture below is a metal strap with a wheel lug stud in it. It was hitting the support & making it go up at an angle. I installed the stock bolt in there & it fit better.
I have no after picture. Sorry. Other than that it went in just fine. Here is more random pics.

20150306_100701_Richtone(HDR)-1.jpg
20150811_193828-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday, August 16, 2015
The Good, The Bad, A 1" Body Lift Look Back.

After having the body lift for a while I can now give a honest opinion. The main objective of the body lift was to give more fender room so I could remove my bumpstops to allow more up travel of the tires.

I will go with Con's first since there are'nt that many.

Con's:
Body lifts cost money.
You have to install them.
My shifter is shorter.

Pro's:
It gives more room for up travel of the suspension.
It allowed me to remove my bumpstop pucks up front.
It's a cheaper way to lift.
Lifting just the body keeps the COG down lower.
It helps with air flow across the engine.
It helps with added space from the hot exhaust on passenger side floorboard.
One could also run exhaust over top of frame.
It pulls the engine wiring harness up & away from the hot EGR pipe.

Last edited:
Many people don't like body lifts, but if they're done right, and not too tall, I see no problem. Had a couple rigs with them, no issues.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015
No more Rock Bouncing.

Hey all, my Lexi just got a bit more creepy.
Well, I mean slower.
Yeah, it got a new set of Marlin Crawler T gears... The actual numbers are from a 2.3:1 to a 3.1:1 That is a 25% reduction.
With those numbers it puts it back to lower than stock.

With my A343F tranny 1st gear of a 2.8:1 & the Marlin T gears of 3:1 & stock 4:10 it has a final of 35.5:1 from the stock 26.4:1
By no means is the is this a rock monster, but a step in the right direction of gearing.

I've just played with the gears close to my house in the dry creek bed & have noticed a pretty sizeable difference. I don't seem to drag my break as much. Most notably not stomping on breaks at the top of a obstacle after mashing the throttle to get of it.

My tranny reference came from a CDan post all the way back in 2003. (From the looks here I should of got a 94 LC lower 1st gear & taller OD).
View attachment 1121903 View attachment 1122575View attachment 1122576

Screenshot_2015-07-29-09-15-40.png

20150820_080043.jpg

gears.JPG

ADDED in 2021: Now SUMO has a 10% high gear set that will correct like 5:56 axle gears which corrects for 35/315 tires.
I highly suggest to put these in at the same time as the low gear set gears.

Last edited:
Yup, '94 is the way to go. ;)

Saturday, August 22, 2015
Bumpstop Removal After Body Lift Install

With the OME medium lift on my Lexi, I had to install bumpstops in the front to stop the 315s from rubbing in the fenders. I installed the 1" body lift so I could remove the bumpstops to allow more uptravel. I am happy with the results, it does flex a lot better than before. Today we improved uptravel, next is improving down travel. The axle doesn't want to drop out lower than 27" extension at the shock. I believe installing a set of MAF drop brackets will increase the down travel. Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom