Good parking garage/lot or area to wrench at around Denver? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New 80 series owner here. Currently living in an apartment complex in Denver where wrenching isn't on my 80 isn't exactly great. Any recommendations on a good spot to wrench at? Grocery list of things I need to do/address include in the order I'll probably do them (estimating ~1 day each):

Some items I've already done for context:
- replaced rear tailgate/hatch (with oem panels from another 40th same color, oem paint)
- new oem belts
- rear heat delete from wits end (rear heater lines look crusty)
- PHH (went oem style on this with gates green stripe hoses)
- flushed the radiator of coolant
- diagnosed rear right turn signal outage (it was a cut wire running under the body)
- prinsu rack (this was just a used deal I came across, came with a light bar but it's currently not wired up)
- undersized (like-new) tires from my dad's broken down chevy that we were too cheap to toss (245/75/16; oem size is 275/70/16; this calculates to 31.2" oem vs 30.5" undersized)
- floor mats (weathertech, I just didn't have any)
- roof rack delete hardware

Higher on my list to-do:
- fuel filter, oil and oil filter change
- heater control valve
- tune up (spark plugs, spark plug wires wires, distributor cap/rotor, pcv valve/grommet, valve cover gasket)
- axle grease check
- seats won't move (I hear the motor going, probably needs new seat gears from wits end)
- Gear oil change with new plugs (front, transfer case, rear)
- reinstall rear door fender brackets and flares (lower brackets broke off)
- dfg drawer install (lead time 2 months)

Things I'm putting off:
- fuel filler neck gas leak right at the bracket above the frame (ugh)
- oil pump gasket leak (extra ugh) (along with distributor o-ring, etc from wits end's leak kit) (still need a 310 ft lb torque wrench and probably otramm's crank holding tool)
- remove oem tow harness
- remove non-oem side steps
- install front fender flares
- weld on new rear bumper (mine's been in an accident)
- diagnose why I couldn't get an alignment (they said it was seized, so that'll be fun)

Things I can only dream of before this mountain of maintenance:
- addressing rust (this will be a whole thing)
- cup holders
- 33's
- front axle rebuild - if needed
- modest lift (probably 2.5-3 inches on OME/bilstein)

Looking for a quiet spot with low traffic to wrench. I have buddies with driveways but some of these jobs just end up getting gas, oil, sludge, etc. allover and it ain't a great look.

Last edited:
Suggest you sign-up on the Rising Sun 4x4 Club forum (they're in Denver and probably have leads on this type of arrangement closer to you).

We're in Colorado Springs and several of us wrench on "bigger projects" at home.

Suggest you sign-up on the Rising Sun 4x4 Club forum (they're in Denver and probably have leads on this type of arrangement closer to you).

We're in Colorado Springs and several of us wrench on "bigger projects" at home.
Just signed up with the forum, thank you!

Reactions: SAS
New 80 series owner here. Currently living in an apartment complex in Denver where wrenching isn't on my 80 isn't exactly great. Any recommendations on a good spot to wrench at? Grocery list of things I need to do/address include in the order I'll probably do them (estimating ~1 day each):

Some items I've already done for context:
- replaced rear tailgate/hatch (with oem panels from another 40th same color, oem paint)
- new oem belts
- rear heat delete from wits end (rear heater lines look crusty)
- PHH (went oem style on this with gates green stripe hoses)
- flushed the radiator of coolant
- diagnosed rear right turn signal outage (it was a cut wire running under the body)
- prinsu rack (this was just a used deal I came across, came with a light bar but it's currently not wired up)
- undersized (like-new) tires from my dad's broken down chevy that we were too cheap to toss (245/75/16; oem size is 275/70/16; this calculates to 31.2" oem vs 30.5" undersized)
- floor mats (weathertech, I just didn't have any)
- roof rack delete hardware

Higher on my list to-do:
- fuel filter, oil and oil filter change
- heater control valve
- tune up (spark plugs, spark plug wires wires, distributor cap/rotor, pcv valve/grommet, valve cover gasket)
- axle grease check
- seats won't move (I hear the motor going, probably needs new seat gears from wits end)
- Gear oil change with new plugs (front, transfer case, rear)
- reinstall rear door fender brackets and flares (lower brackets broke off)
- dfg drawer install (lead time 2 months)

Things I'm putting off:
- fuel filler neck gas leak right at the bracket above the frame (ugh)
- oil pump gasket leak (extra ugh) (along with distributor o-ring, etc from wits end's leak kit) (still need a 310 ft lb torque wrench and probably otramm's crank holding tool)
- remove oem tow harness
- remove non-oem side steps
- install front fender flares
- weld on new rear bumper (mine's been in an accident)
- diagnose why I couldn't get an alignment (they said it was seized, so that'll be fun)

Things I can only dream of before this mountain of maintenance:
- addressing rust (this will be a whole thing)
- cup holders
- 33's
- front axle rebuild - if needed
- modest lift (probably 2.5-3 inches on OME/bilstein)

Looking for a quiet spot with low traffic to wrench. I have buddies with driveways but some of these jobs just end up getting gas, oil, sludge, etc. allover and it ain't a great look.
I have a set of lightly used 33s,Goodyear wrangle ATs, that I am looking to get rid of to upgrade to 35s. Around 3k on them since the swap at the beginning of the summer. PM me if you’re interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom