Going to look at a BJ 73 on Monday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cns

Threads
I’m sure it’s out there I just can’t really find the best answers quickly. I’m looking at BJ 73, 1988, from Spain, yes it has that engine. Body wise what’s the best thing to look for? The drivers door has been jammed and doesn’t open and close that well. He has some rocker panel rust. I don’t know if I can get it to start. I’m bringing two fresh batteries and some tools. He says it has a blown head gasket. There would be an engine swap later on if I get it. Any help fullSuggestions would be great

DDB8983F-6134-4F33-8C67-ACE449452ACD.png

what do you want that one for? All it really is good for if rust is an issue is to use for a rhd to lhd swap, and maybe other mechanical parts
Looking for a wheeler. 3000 bucks

That's a VM motor rig. It was a turd 3 - 4 years ago when it was in Massachusetts. If I recall correctly, it had rust/rot all the way up in the door jams by the hinges... might make a good wheeling beast... likely needs everything.

That's a VM motor rig. It was a turd 3 - 4 years ago when it was in Massachusetts. If I recall correctly, it had rust/rot all the way up in the door jams by the hinges... might make a good wheeling beast... likely needs everything.
For $3000 asking price, I can make it into a reliable wheeler. I would definitely be dumping the engine and trying to salvage the five speed. More than likely going to do a Chevy Motor swap. Lord knows I can’t find a decent 40 for three grand. I’m hoping some of the rest can be taken out and just weld in some sheet metal. I’m not looking for a show rig, just something that won’t rain on me when I’m driving down the road. I’m figuring on a $6000 build budget after the purchase. All I really want to do is put a old man emu lift, 34 inch TSL’s. A locker and a winch. I spent way too much money on my 40 When I had one. It turned out to be too much rig.

I see the ad went down earlier this week. Did you end up buying it? How's the rust looking?

I see the ad went down earlier this week. Did you end up buying it? How's the rust looking?
The major hole is repairable. There’s typical Land Cruiser rust in the water collection pockets. My old 40 had more rust in the floorboards than this and it was considered good. All in all for a Wheeler , this sucker is gonna be awesome.

And yes, I did buy it. I’m picking it up tomorrow morning. The fairy fair is going to kill me with the trailer. Do you belong to Seattle Cruise redfin spa group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom