Glass shop to fix leaking front window (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a lead on a shop that will remove and replace the front windshield of an 80 according to the FSM? Mine is definitely leaking from the gasket, from a poor install previously, and I’m getting tired of water on my floor board.

Thanks

Anyone have a lead on a shop that will remove and replace the front windshield of an 80 according to the FSM? Mine is definitely leaking from the gasket, from a poor install previously, and I’m getting tired of water on my floor board.

Thanks
There is a shop that works out of McGeorge used car center that does high end cars. Might want to check with them, I can not think of the name off hand.

I called a few dealers local to me and asked them where they outsource their replacements to. Got a list of a few potential shops, called them and asked if they had ever done an LC. 2 of them did, so I made my decision based on cost from there.

I haven't taken it in yet, but am planning to. Would be curious to see if anyone has specific shop recommendations though, might be better to take it there.

Don’t know if Cam and or Vince are still around but they hooked me up with a guy years ago when I had the same issue. Maybe check with IPOR they may know.

And you are sure it’s the windshield gasket? Reason I ask is because I had a clogged sunroof drain once and that put water in my floor board

Don’t know if Cam and or Vince are still around but they hooked me up with a guy years ago when I had the same issue. Maybe check with IPOR they may know.

And you are sure it’s the windshield gasket? Reason I ask is because I had a clogged sunroof drain once and that put water in my floor board

I’m about 95% sure it’s the windshield gasket because the gasket is curled under itself at the top of the windshield on passenger side where the water comes in.

Gonna call Certified Glass (@McGeorge used car center) tomorrow and see what they say.

For an update on this,

Called up Certified Glass and talked with them many times about the install process of the glass on the 80. If Rosie didn’t know the answer to my question she would call me back after talking to the owner, who is knowledgeable on older car installs, and her techs. They even had an 80 and 60 on site to reference the questions and concerns I had. Over all the customer service was exceptional.

The glass had to be ordered and took 2 weeks to get and the gasket I made sure they ordered from Toyota. The gasket and wind shield look good so far and with the rain this weekend I’m sure it will be obvious if it leaks. They also told me it has a lifetime warranty so we will see on that.

My only real concern is they only use the sealant that dries semi-hard and doesn’t stay flexible like the type Toyota calls for. The body twists a fair amount when going over obstacles so this is when a leak would develop in my opinion.

With an aftermarket glass and a Toyota gasket the total was just under $600. Rosie told me they are a little higher than most because of the type of cars they work on, but I felt that was in my comfort level and I appreciate quality over cost.

So far I’m extremely impressed but if it leaks all bets are off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom