GFC V2 RTT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have the RRT on my 5th gen works great, wanting to move it to my 93/80. looking for opinions form owners of this GFC RTT mounted with GFC 80 mounts. was there a noticible difference with the wieght added to the roof. I.E. top heavy, noise, lost mpg. I understand CG and areo dynamics so please I am only looking for people with 1st hand experience or a friend that had or has the GFC /80 combo.. please not opinions or comments..

I currently have the RRT on my 5th gen works great, wanting to move it to my 93/80. looking for opinions form owners of this GFC RTT mounted with GFC 80 mounts. was there a noticible difference with the wieght added to the roof. I.E. top heavy, noise, lost mpg. I understand CG and areo dynamics so please I am only looking for people with 1st hand experience or a friend that had or has the GFC /80 combo.. please not opinions or comments..
I have a V2 GFC rtt in my 1994 LC and I noticed very little noise and saw no MPG drop. I noticed a lot of mpg drop when I went from 31” tires to 33”. I went from 13mpg to 11mpg HWY now with the GFC and the 33”. As far as handling goes, maybe a little more but I also redid my suspension and added a 3” lift so it could be just that.

The 80 series mounts are awesome! So slick, low profile, and very stout.
0CC8BD97-09CE-4B96-BA05-51EEDBEE13D2.jpeg
815CE543-C358-4D09-9F3E-5F08755558BB.jpeg
71B2C566-C501-49F4-B05B-A4B7F0C878E9.jpeg
18DA1C23-3C16-4E8C-B022-08AF8B526950.jpeg

BBEFAFAE-090F-43AC-8A8D-3E9EF49150ED.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a V2 GFC rtt in my 1994 LC and I noticed very little noise and saw no MPG drop. I noticed a lot of mpg drop when I went from 31” tires to 33”. I went from 13mpg to 11mpg HWY now with the GFC and the 33”. As far as handling goes, maybe a little more but I also redid my suspension and added a 3” lift so it could be just that.

The 80 series mounts are awesome! So slick, low profile, and very stout.View attachment 3252156View attachment 3252157View attachment 3252158View attachment 3252159

View attachment 3252160
Nice looking 80 and good info thanks, I am going to run 3 of their mounts on each side to spread the load. probally over kill but I run down some really bumpy roads at speed in baja. I noticed those antena mounts on the rear who did you get those from?
PS I wish they would have rotated the ladder rungs a bit. They are a little hard on bare feet in the middle of the night.

Nice looking 80 and good info thanks, I am going to run 3 of their mounts on each side to spread the load. probally over kill but I run down some really bumpy roads at speed in baja. I noticed those antena mounts on the rear who did you get those from?
PS I wish they would have rotated the ladder rungs a bit. They are a little hard on bare feet in the middle of the night.
Thanks! It’s been a labor of love and I love how it’s turned out. Yeah if you want to add a third go for it. I don’t think it will hurt. I will say that it’s pretty solid. I go over some pretty rough roads at speed and I’ve taken it in some moderately technical and off camber stuff and it did it no problem. I like how it’s designed to be low profile and tough, it’s definitely lived up to that for me. And the four mounts have handled it fine. The mounts are all steel and are about double the size of the Thule gutter mounts I had for some cross bars before. I had four bars up there and six gutter mounts and for sure I would have had that if I mounted a tent on top. The four GFC ones are a league of their own in terms of stoutness.

Therese mounts are yodatech mounts. They are solid. I can stand on one without any issue. In addition to mounting things to, I also clip All sorts of stuff including hammocks to. :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom