FZJ71 existence? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sold the 80 about a year ago. Now have a 4x4 van for overland/camp/tow duties. Looking for something small to kick around trails. Was looking at KZJ71 s when I found out the 1FZ came in the Prado platform too starting in 1992. If they came with a 5 speed, that'd be a fun little vehicle. However, searching doesn't seem to bring up any for sale nearly anywhere. Where these rare? Should I be looking over in Europe, not Japan/Aus?

Ah...it appears they go by the FZJ73 tag. That might do it. They're the HD platform though, so leaf sprung. Bummer.

FZJ70 sold in S. America has coil sprung front ends. It goes by the name of "Macho" there.

That'd be sweet. 3F? Carbed 1FZ? Seems like most people focus on the diesel options but I think a gas 6 in a SWB 70 series would be a lot of fun.

That'd be sweet. 3F? Carbed 1FZ? Seems like most people focus on the diesel options but I think a gas 6 in a SWB 70 series would be a lot of fun.

Right. I believe both carbed and EFI FZ engines are available, depending upon year of manufacture. Older 3F models would probably retain leaf springs in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom