Front axle rebuild weekend coming up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Doc

Threads
It's going to happen in Fort Dodge, 'cause I can't drive my truck in it's present condition. Blew out a inner oil seal and tossed a knuckle stud for good measure.

Anybody that wants to learn 80 series front axle stuff is welcome to come join the fun.

It's not hard, just messy.

DSC02391.jpg

Yeah, I checked that out. Marlin is just a bit more expensive on everything than buying from C-Dan. I'll be picking up the heavy duty inner seals from him fo' sho' though.

I'll be picking up the heavy duty inner seals from him fo' sho' though.
Good choice, I put the heavy duty seals in mine and haven't had any leakage since. Definately worth the few extra dollars. I wonder what all the differences are between 80's and mini's? I know the birfields are different size, which would mean bigger knuckles, but other then that I don't think they can be that much different.

I was going to say- I think the only real difference is the locking hubs and birf size. But, mine has locking hubs now... so the only diff would be the birf...

You can get the heavy duty inner axle Seals from Marlin Crawler. You can get the entire rebuild kit with everything you need to to the job except the roll of paper towels from Marin.

Just a thought.

"the" roll???? more like the CASE of paper towels......i think i used two boxes of 250.....have fun man. i used to work in fort dodge.

Good choice, I put the heavy duty seals in mine and haven't had any leakage since. Definately worth the few extra dollars. I wonder what all the differences are between 80's and mini's? I know the birfields are different size, which would mean bigger knuckles, but other then that I don't think they can be that much different.

x1000

"the" roll???? more like the CASE of paper towels......i think i used two boxes of 250.....have fun man. i used to work in fort dodge.

instead of wasting all those paper towels that are coming from the trees where we wheel, go out and get a pack of microfibers. They'll soak up TONS of grease and oil and you will still be able to wipe your hands clean. When you're done with them throw them in the wash or toss the really nasty ones. They might seem more expensive but when you go through that many paper towels, they are way cheaper.

microfiber-towl-sm.jpg

-Luke

I tried that. the boss wont allow them to be washed. although i suppose i could take them to the laundromat. i will look into them thanks... btw, i run a 9 crew operation, we cut trees for a living.... (runs and hides)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom