Fridge/Cooler Questions for the Camping Gods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BreckenridgeCruiser

I break things.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
teqtach.com
Hey guys. I know a lot of you are deep researchers on products and I thought I would ask here first. My father in law came out to visit and loved our ARB fridge that we keep in the truck and we thought it would be a great birthday present to get him something similar.

We were trying to keep it below $300 (a few of us chipping in) and found some options, but I wanted to get your opinions on the quality here, or if there are better options that you know about. We would prefer to get a fridge/freezer over a cooler, but if the cooler is that much cooler (I couldn't resist) we can go in that direction.

The two we are looking at are:
Vevor 47q:

and for the cooler:
Pelican Elite Cooler (My wife found this and I almost horked in my mouth for that price for a cooler). I know there are a lot of knock off rotomolded coolers out there so a cheaper yet still very good option would be appreciated:

Thanks!

Hey guys. I know a lot of you are deep researchers on products and I thought i would ask here first. My father in law came out to visit and loved our ARB fridge that wee keep in the truck and we thought it would be a great birthday present to get him something similar.

We were trying to keep it below $300 (a few of us chipping in) and found some options, but I wanted to get your opinions on the quailty here, or if there are better options that you know about. We would prefer to get a fridge/freezer over a cooler, but if the cooler is that much cooler (I couldn't resist) we can go in that direction.

The two we are looking at are:
Vevor 47q:

and for the cooler:
Pelican Elite Cooler (My wife found this and I almost horked in my mouth for that price for a cooler). I know there are a lot of knock off rotomolded coolers out there so a cheper yet still very good options would be appreciated:

Thanks!
check with Tim or Frank @ Phalcon

Cooler (use ice) or fridge (needs electricity) is the real fork in the road here, as you know. Bear in mind that the rotomolded coolers are very heavy, especially after they are full of food and ice. I don't know how old Pops is, that's why I mention that. Buying a low price fridge is of course a crap shoot. You could get five uses or five years out of it, who knows. I actually think the best value proposition is the Coleman Xtreme Marine coolers. They are great for up to five days, and they don't break the bank or the back. There are some videos comparing them to Yetis on YouTube, and the Xtreme coolers hold their own (not *quite* as good at keeping ice as Yeti) but for 15% of the price, and they weigh much less and the usable space per exterior volume is much higher. I realize that's a different direction than your question, but I am a Dometic fridge owner and I have steered several friends toward the Xtreme coolers, and they all have reported that they are very satisfied with them.

@elripster? @Phulcrum ?

Good points on the weight. He is not a huge overlander so this would be for long road trips and short day trips on a boat. I may go even smaller with a 30ish quart version of we go fridge.

@elripster? @Phulcrum ?

Good points on the weight. He is not a huge overlander so this would be for long road trips and short day trips on a boat. I may go even smaller with a 30ish quart version of we go fridge.
Yeah Craig hit me up over the phone or via text

I think the 45l would work well. It saves a lot of space vs. having to pack ice to keep food cold.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom