For Sale: Complete FJ60 disc brake swap kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.tlcperformance.com
DSC09440.JPG
Guys, a customer has a complete disc brake swap kit off an ~84 FJ60 to sell. He bought this 'just in case' for his FJ40, but it's front end is in excellent condition, so these parts are not needed.

Included is everything needed to swap big knuckle, short birf, aisin hub disc brakes onto a 1980 or earlier cruiser.
-forged SS Aisin lockout hubs
-large pattern steering arms & knuckles
-birfield CV joints & a short side inner shaft
-rusty but usable rotors
-core brake calipers
-brake lines, hoses, hardware, bearings, etc.

Asking price is $599, local pickup preferred in central OH. I really don't want to try shipping this stuff, but I'd be glad to meet somewhere or do a mudship.

Another idea is this stuff could be used to do a FDB swap on an earlier Cruiser if you wanted to bring the truck to the shop here.

DSC09442.JPG

DSC09443.JPG

Last edited:
Jim,

Any takers? I would be interested in how much you would charge me to stuff all that into the front of my 72 FJ. While you have it tore apart, might as well do a knuckle rebuild. Please include that in your price. PM if you still have it all and the price for labor.

PS: Calipers are core only, so is the piston and seals still available???

Cheers,
Dean

The stuff in the picture went back home with the cruiser owner. :mad:
I can still set you up using disc brake stuff from the disc brake swap stash here at the shop.

A knuckle rebuild is part of doing the job completely, along with new/repacked front wheel bearings, new/turned rotors, caliper cores swapped out at NAPA for fresh remans, new pads, new rubber brake hoses....

The stuff in the picture went back home with the cruiser owner. :mad:
I can still set you up using disc brake stuff from the disc brake swap stash here at the shop.

A knuckle rebuild is part of doing the job completely, along with new/repacked front wheel bearings, new/turned rotors, caliper cores swapped out at NAPA for fresh remans, new pads, new rubber brake hoses....

Thanks for the info Jim. I am finally getting around to finishing my hard top. After I get that squared away, I will see how much money is left in my piggy back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom