Fog light and switch wiring question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Y’all,

Novice electrical question below.

I have a pair of amber + white LED pod lights. They come with a relay harness and switch. The switch toggles the lights amber/white/both/off.

However, I also have an auxbeam switch panel that I want to use.

The lights have 3 wires: yellow (power for amber), red (power for white), and black (ground).

I’d like to wire both lights amber to a single switch and both lights white to a single switch. I’m not sure how to handle the ground.

I think the right wiring is:
- connect both yellow wires and run that to the power of switch 1
- connect both red wires and run that to the power of switch 2
- connect both grounds and then split the wire they’re connected to, running it to ground for switch 1 and ground for switch 2

This would be very straightforward if the lights had just 1 color. Want to make sure I wire this correctly.

Thoughts?

That should work. Only need to wire ground to one of the switch. My dual color light would go white only when both are powered.

That should work. Only need to wire ground to one of the switch. My dual color light would go white only when both are powered.

Yeah, from the pictures, these look mostly white when they’re both on, at least the white washes out the amber.

If ground is only wired to 1 of the 2 switches, and that switch is off, but the other is on, how does the ground work in that case?

Not arguing, just trying to understand how this works.

Yeah, from the pictures, these look mostly white when they’re both on, at least the white washes out the amber.

If ground is only wired to 1 of the 2 switches, and that switch is off, but the other is on, how does the ground work in that case?

Not arguing, just trying to understand how this works.
The auxbeam switch panel ground bar are grounded internally. It does not work on negative switching. It only switch the positive side.

The auxbeam switch panel ground bar are grounded internally. It does not work on negative switching. It only switch the positive side.
Oh interesting. Because I ground the entire switch panel, do I not need to ground anything connected to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom