Flathead Pass/Lost Traction Boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey gang.........we had a small crew rally Flathead pass last night and had a great time. We took a bunch of Land Rovers, Some toyota's and 3 Syncro VW's....it was crazy to watch them. 2 of our shorty traction boards slipped under the snow somewhere in the drift/snow patch just before the top on the west side. If anyone is up there and finds them,.......beers on me. Also......about 1/4 mile on the east side, a kid and his girlfriend drove their 4 runner off the side of the road and down over the steep hill side. It was pretty serious. We had loads of gear and were able to set up and winch them out. It was the most serious recovery I've ever been part of and was super fun. We got to use about all the tricks and it worked great! matt@autopilotdesign.com Thanks and I look forward to getting out with you guys again this summer!

Montana Rovers.jpg

Montana Rovers 2.jpg

Well done on the recovery. Glad you pulled the kid out. I bet he was happy. Were you able to go all the way across the top or did you get stopped anywhere?

Well done on the recovery. Glad you pulled the kid out. I bet he was happy. Were you able to go all the way across the top or did you get stopped anywhere?
We drove up the west side. There are two drifts. The first one was no problem and the second (larger one) was easy heading east, but more tricky coming back as it's a little more uphill on the way back. We started with traction boards and then most of us made it through without any help. The VW's all got stuck as they don't have much clearance. Then once you get to the top, there are a few drifts that you can pretty easily get through. We went down the east side about 1/4 mile which is shown in the photo....it looked like there were going to be more north facing snow patches so we opted to head back down the west side. It's fun up there.

I have 1 of your traction boards. Me and a buddy made it all the way through the next day. Your recovery board was a very very small part of that and it shows haha.

Drove flathead pass today, it's pretty much totally dry the whole way up the west side. There's a drift coming down the east side but its melted enough that you can easily get through. No boards needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom