FJ60 Glove Box Latch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know where I can source a glove box latch for my 1985 FJ60? The little locking mechanism on mine no longer holds when I shut the door and turn the knob, so the glove box door no longer stays shut. I'd like to avoid buying a new door if possible, mine is in good shape and it feels like a waste of parts to have an extra one sitting around.

i have an extra door. DM and i can look up what i paid for the extra door. Ill sell it to your for what i paid shipped

Edit - I paid $50 from Brooke Car - Tractor Wagon's

Anyone know where I can source a glove box latch for my 1985 FJ60? The little locking mechanism on mine no longer holds when I shut the door and turn the knob, so the glove box door no longer stays shut. I'd like to avoid buying a new door if possible, mine is in good shape and it feels like a waste of parts to have an extra one sitting around.
i have an extra door. DM and i can look up what i paid for the extra door. Ill sell it to your for what i paid shipped

Edit - I paid $50 from Brooke Car - Tractor Wagon's
I also have one of my parts truck if you need. Send me a message.

I have a few NOS OEM glove box 📦 locking twist knob kits …,

These will simply update any FJ60 non-locking early type into the modern age of special Niche features that were over looked on 8/80-9/87 FJ60LG-KA / KK ….

Each glove box lock comes with 2 all metal top factory keys and the all important little chrome key code tag !!!

- sorry , these are assembled in a press fit way that prevents my to be able to re-key / re-code them as I do on ALL other 60
, 61 and 62 lock cylinders …

This is a killer kool new update and thing !!!

Matt

37B268F8-08A5-49D0-BFE4-61785A2941D7.jpeg
B23C0DE0-04DA-4D17-B254-1F656BBD2369.jpeg
E95AE74E-4413-481D-AADD-9B8867C52AF4.jpeg
0A16678F-790D-442B-8228-59529A1299DB.jpeg
F4D08CD4-D12B-4490-AFDA-A881AC34F3B9.jpeg

Last edited:
@ToyotaMatt

I'm confused by your post ... So you CAN or CANNOT rekey this glove box latch thing?

watching...I have to manually turn mine when I shut it. Honestly locking it is not that important, but it could be keyed that would be cool.

watching...I have to manually turn mine when I shut it. Honestly locking it is not that important, but it could be keyed that would be cool.
i am glad you are not the only guy constantly confused by @ToyotaMatt post. they never make sense. i mean never. id love to see him participate in a business writing workshop. lol

this is coming from a Dyslexic person too.

I think having a locking glove box is a false sense of security considering how flimsy the door is and the sheet metal that the screws are tapped into.

Consider this: a thief breaks a window to steal and finds the glove box locked. Thief assumes something valuable is inside and rips it open damaging the door and dash.

i am glad you are not the only guy constantly confused by @ToyotaMatt post. they never make sense. i mean never. id love to see him participate in a business writing workshop. lol

while this is true and I too have been stuck in endless texts back and forth where I have to constantly restate and post pics...he does put out some pretty cool s*** and seems to know his stuff. Part him and part maybe not having a staff to help him keep track of s***. It is one of my fav aftermarket sites to shuffle through on my hunt for my next project.

Wow thanks guys for all of the kind offers. Think I'm gonna go OEM with no lock seeing as there's never anything of value in there and my truck already has too many keys (ignition, door lock, roof rack, steering wheel club)

@John Staton, I just found and ordered the $20 glove box on your site. Feel free to ship only the lock/latch mechanism (both sides) if you want to save the door.

while this is true and I too have been stuck in endless texts back and forth where I have to constantly restate and post pics...he does put out some pretty cool s*** and seems to know his stuff. Part him and part maybe not having a staff to help him keep track of s***. It is one of my fav aftermarket sites to shuffle through on my hunt for my next project.
X2, @ToyotaMatt speaks in tongues but knows his stuff and is always willing to help 👍.

Shoot sorry, I tagged the wrong user. I purchased it from @CruiserTrash , cruisertrashparts.com. He had a gray fj60 glove box door with the latch for $20. Cheaper than anything else I could find.
Thanks! I’ll hopefully be able to get that out by Friday. Used parts are at my shop 20 minutes from my house, and having a full time job, kids, etc, I don’t make it over there every day. I’ll let you know when it’s on the way.

perhaps you should read things twice ?

then you would understand what the wor
d prevents means ..... :rolleyes:

it usually refers to can't or no

Got around to swapping out the glove box latch from @CruiserTrash today, thank you sir!

If anyone needs a gray glove box door with a semi-functional latch, let me know. I cleaned it up and it is in pretty good shape (aside from the latch), and I don’t have a need for it.

IMG_6683.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom