FJ40 - What Kind of Side Mirrors Are These? Aftermarket? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y'all, quick Q for ya!

Do any of you happen to know what kind of mirrors these are and where I can purchase a replacement? I have the driver's side mirror but not the passenger side. I haven't done too much digging yet but when I was doing some shopping online I didn't come across any mirrors that looked like this.

Are these even OEM?

IMG_6355_zps3y6bmpwh.jpg

IMG_6356_zpsjijtubmw.jpg

IMG_6357_zpsnmyrqy5x.jpg

What you currently have are aftermarket mirrors, this is what you need:

s-l500.jpg

Try @beno he's the OEM Toyota parts guy.

I have the telescopic mirrors that bolt to the wind shield hinge also. I like them because you still can have mirrors when doors are removed for open air driving.

I remember seeing those on ranch trucks growing up. Definitely not Toyota stock, but hold up well against limbs and brush you might "graze" along the way

They actually work well to hold off road lights on the side of your truck. breakaway ;)

I have the telescopic mirrors that bolt to the wind shield hinge also. I like them because you still can have mirrors when doors are removed for open air driving.

That's a really great point! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I wouldn't have thought about that.

I remember seeing those on ranch trucks growing up. Definitely not Toyota stock, but hold up well against limbs and brush you might "graze" along the way

They actually work well to hold off road lights on the side of your truck. breakaway ;)

Nice! That's good to know. Yeah they are definitely sturdy and I kinda like the way they look but I'm still deciding what I'm gonna go with...Thank you both for your input!

My OEM mirrors seem to lose their grip. I dont want to pay ICON prices for a stable mirror. Anyone have any suggestions to good aftermarket replacement for the 78 flush mount type? Thanks

My OEM mirrors seem to lose their grip. I dont want to pay ICON prices for a stable mirror. Anyone have any suggestions to good aftermarket replacement for the 78 flush mount type? Thanks

Is it the mirror itself or the mirror arm? If it is the mirror, add a tooth lock washer in the ball slot, install the mirror arm, adjust and tighten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom