FJ25, I think, at local pick n pull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was walking through a pick and pull and saw an old cruiser with the corrugated looking sides. Engine and tranny still there. Engine has a green valve cover with teq in red writing. Steering wheel still there.

Anyone want anything? I am headed back in a couple hours.

Text is quickest. 801 three 5 8 7six seven 3

I was walking through a pick and pull and saw an old cruiser with the corrugated looking sides. Engine and tranny still there. Engine has a green valve cover with teq in red writing. Steering wheel still there.

Anyone want anything? I am headed back in a couple hours.

Text is quickest. 801 three 5 8 7six seven 3

Pics so we know what to ask for, but def grab strrring wheel. Tree root needs an interior rear view mirror if its the little 2 bolt one. If it has seatbelt eyebolts, I need three. Tin reservoir cups I'll rltake em to have played if there. Hubs or drive plates maybe

If it is 25 get vin for registry

Early 40 or hardtop 25? Grab a pic and we can tell if she needs to be saved (or can be saved). This is an easy way to tell if it is early if the bib is gone.

[/ATTACH]

image.jpg

Early side shift three speedand transfer...........someone was looking for that. :) With the uber rare floor shift conversion. :cool:

Early side shift three speedand transfer...........someone was looking for that. :) With the uber rare floor shift conversion. :cool:

I've already sent a PM on the shifter. I have a super clean early three speed this would go great on. That along with the early FJ40 PTO

considering what is already spoken for, and depending on price, I'd be interested in the wiper motors...the rest could be too much to ship

Just took another look at the picture. Didn't notice the first time that they left the piece for the side shifter instead of removing and sealing it up. I guess a person could fill the holes for the shift rods and then replace it.

Could one of you "in-the-know" members please educate us "not-in-the-know" members how to identify an "uber rare" early floor shift conversion, please? I've read here on Mud that floor shift three-speeds were a factory option on "early" 40s (how "early" the conventional definition of "early" is I don't know). I would just love to know how to identify the difference. Can anyone describe, or use photos to point to, the tell-tale identifying difference between a factory and non-factory three-speed floor-shift conversion please?

Two versions of three speed on the FJ40s imported to the US. 61/62/part of 63. Then mid 63 until early in the 74 model. Not sure they are any true after market floor shifter. I know some were made aftermarket but those were a copy of the Toyota design and were only made for the later three speed. If you look at the picture of the transmission link in this thread you will notice the cover on the tailshaft on the transfer case only uses four bolts. The later the three speed and transfer case it uses six bolts.f the Seems about 50/50 if a early cruiser still has it's original engine, transmission and transfer case. The later F/2F with bolt right in was common upgrade along with the T/T. Early ones are hard to find parts to keep running.

That helps a lot, thank you. By non-factory I simply meant swapped in with a "later" three-speed Toyota (not aftermarket) floor shift transmission as opposed to to a "early" three-speed floor shift transmission installed as a factory option, which I have read about but which I have (heretofore) not known how to identify (not really sure I know now, but that isn't your fault in trying to explain but rather my lack of total comprehension). I see now what you mean about the four-bolt tail-shaft, though, as an identifying feature. My '61 FJ40 three-speed converted to floor shift has the six-bolt tail-shaft cover, so that clue is clear. Learning all the time. Thanks again!

Brake/clutch master cylinders mounting/connecting hardware and cups

triangular brackets that hold the front bumper to the frame

windshield vent assembly with knob

carb and air cleaner -pending

top plate of the three speed transmission/shifter - pending

Those have dibs

STILL TONS I CAN PULL

Last edited:
I thought nuclearlemon had dibs on the steering wheel? Otherwise I could have used a the horn cap.

I also thought that nuclearlemon had dibs on the tin cups themselves, and not the masters...I could take the two masters, and the clutch slave if she gets just the tin cups.

I will take the two wiper motors.

I would also take the complete engine, but that would be beyond restarted to ship...

Should I send you a PM on this? Are you making a master list?

If there's a generator there, I'd be interested.

Also the mesh grill I need one without 'Toyota' across it.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom