FJ25 Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Archie, I drove this vehicle all through high school. 1967 Nissan Patrol. It's what got me started 4-wheeling. I went mountain climbing in the Canadian wilderness after graduating and found my parents had sold it while I was gone. I went out and bought my FJ40. The Patrol was a cool rig.

The guy I bought my house from had 4 Nissan Patrols. I think he had every one known in NH! I had never heard of them and LandCruisers weren't really even on my radar at the time. My poor neighbors must be wondering what's in the well here that makes guys want to work on old Japanese 4x4's

Thanks Archie but that way to nice for what I would want. Would do a LWB 4X series since I have so many spare parts already.

Thanks Peter, how strong our dollar is right now is why I pulled the trigger on a five speed in Australia. That and how old I am. Should have jumped on one years ago. Still weren't cheap but don't see a surplus of five speed with 40 series top cover happening anytime soon. Remember about eight years we were dollar for dollar with Australia and Canada. So much going on in our country and around the world figured with my luck I waited and things will reverse. Because I did pulled the trigger figured I took one for the country and our dollar will get even stronger and have been cheaper.:rolleyes:

John,
strength or weakness of your dollar depends on the Fed (what Mrs.Yellen is doing) and the other central banks are doing and what the markets expect.
At the moment the Euro gets stronger against the US- Dollar.
Dollar Kurs - Aktueller Wechselkurs zu US Dollar (USD/Euro)
Cheers
Peter

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen,
Your Tesla bores you.
All your neighbors drive Tesla too.;)
Would think about a Henney Kilowatt .

3.jpg

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/henney/kilowatt/1950233.html

Throw some wax on her and enjoy :)
Cheers
Peter

Kinda a chat and a vent

Friend committed suicide last night ... a fellow teacher ... knew her for 18+ years ... a lunch buddy

We used to hang out 5-6 fellow teachers ... talk about most everything... school ... and just shot the s$&t

School has been pretty low morale as late due to common core and extra burdens placed on our non instruction times... the past 8 yrs sucked lots of life away

She had been 'moved' out of our building for this upcoming school year ... 51 yrs old ... worked in district for 20 yrs ... had to transfer between three buildings... it's the usual district try to push out employees to retire early technique

Had two daughters early teens and her ex ... never heard too much good about him

Used to have our common bond of usual complaints... but... obviously this never came up

Any u guys have a friend committe suicide?

My wife is devistated... they were good friends and worked together

It's very sad... we are heartbroken

In past had a very close friend die heart attack (drug related) and another from OD ... they lived that life with the expectations of something bad happening... this however is quite a bit different

Never expected this... still expect to see her tap her nail on the table and say her usual words of wisdom

Maybe since I've never been close to a suicide I've never been able to understand the process where a compassionate and understanding individual will completely disregard those that love them and selfishly take their own life, leaving everyone to stew over what they could have done....
Johnny, sorry for you and your wife's loss, sounds like you made the best of the times you were able to share, and take heart that made those times for her better.

Kinda a chat and a vent

Friend committed suicide last night ... a fellow teacher ... knew her for 18+ years ... a lunch buddy

We used to hang out 5-6 fellow teachers ... talk about most everything... school ... and just shot the s$&t

School has been pretty low morale as late due to common core and extra burdens placed on our non instruction times... the past 8 yrs sucked lots of life away

She had been 'moved' out of our building for this upcoming school year ... 51 yrs old ... worked in district for 20 yrs ... had to transfer between three buildings... it's the usual district try to push out employees to retire early technique

Had two daughters early teens and her ex ... never heard too much good about him

Used to have our common bond of usual complaints... but... obviously this never came up

Any u guys have a friend committe suicide?

My wife is devistated... they were good friends and worked together

It's very sad... we are heartbroken

In past had a very close friend die heart attack (drug related) and another from OD ... they lived that life with the expectations of something bad happening... this however is quite a bit different

Never expected this... still expect to see her tap her nail on the table and say her usual words of wisdom

It is far too easy to despair in this world. Always has been, and always will be so. The system has been rigged for 12,000 years give or take.

I worry about my son sometimes. Heck, sometimes I worry about myself.

Sorry for your loss

Maybe since I've never been close to a suicide I've never been able to understand the process where a compassionate and understanding individual will completely disregard those that love them and selfishly take their own life, leaving everyone to stew over what they could have done....
Johnny, sorry for you and your wife's loss, sounds like you made the best of the times you were able to share, and take heart that made those times for her better.
Suicide is a selfish act for those who are left behind. The problem is that people let sadness, guilt, and loneliness run rampant in their minds. They convince themselves that they are a burden to those around them and that they world would be a better place without them in it.

The truth is that we live in a broken world full of sadness, selfishness, and evil. Just read they news. Today's headlines. Chicago facing homeless epidemic (nearly 150,000 homeless people living on the streets in Chicago), 2 young girls between the ages of 5-10 years old found dead beaten and abused in Colorado. Mother and son kidnapped in Kentucky. Mother pushed off of cliff found alive by hikers. Her 5 year old son was missing and just found dead. Looters breaking in stores in hurricane ravished Florida. I can go on and on just from today.

We try to make sense of it all and the truth is you can't no matter how hard you try. We never will be able to justify what happens in this life. Instead, we need to hang onto the one thing we have. Faith! When we feel that we have no hope, we need to open our bibles and turn to Jesus. He is our only hope! Without him, I do not know how anyone makes it through the day in this depressing world we live in.

@Indygbd

Oh I hear ya ... and the church elder in me says "preach it brother" :) lol

I know there really isn't any good way to make sense of this. It happens... $hit happens... and I can hear her saying "move along nothing to see here" (in a sarcastic sort of way)

I do know that our days here are in Gods hands And we don't die before it's Gods choosing... as I have told others ... you know this one... "all things work together for good" and that means the good stuff and bad stuff

We need to pray... reflect... and remember Gods word

And for a humorous side to this

Btw... Thank you all

You know Johnny, we can't change what has already happened, but we can offer guidance. Unfortunately when it is couched in religious overtones, it often is summarily dismissed.

A few have taken heart over the years by a litmus test I devised for myself about 20 years ago. I sat down and wrote out a list of things I was thankful for. It ended up numbering 21.

When I get depressed I ask myself if anything on the list changed. The answer has always been 'no'. It helps me regain perspective and move on.

Last edited:
Sorry for your lost Johnny. I have had several friends and a cousin take their own life and it is devastating. As far being able to relate, I can and I can't. At no time in my life have I ever considered taking my life because even at my lowest point I have always had hope. I believe that God is sovereign and intimately concerned with every detail of our life. That being said, when I first learned of my ex-wife's affair, I came to understand what people experience when they are deeply depressed. Like a light switch turning on and off, one minute you're maintaining and the next everything is changed. It's exhausting. If I didn't have my faith I don't know how I would have gotten through it. My depression was situational, and eventually I got passed it, but it gave me an understanding that I didn't have before. Especially for those who have chronic depression. I am truly sorry for your and your wife's loss.

Me too Johnny,
live can be very hard sometimes .*
Cheers
Peter

* have had a friend, twenty years old at this time crashed with his Alfa Romeo, another
about twenty 23 years old studied medicine got cancer and died.
A girlfriend I helped her school suicide.

Last edited:
sorry for your loss. i'm not a fan of suicide, i've had two friends die that way.

one, i understand. severe medical issues that could often cause immense pain. i also will be helping my father get setup for assisted suicide when he becomes terminal. i think in medical cases, it's not selfish at all. i wouldn't want to go through the indignity and pain of being forced alive until your body can no longer sustain itself.

if you just don't want to deal with life, that's another story. i guess i can understand, but i can not sympathize. i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom