FJ Old Man Emu Install LIVE...NOW...Watch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tires look great on the stock wheels IMO.

Gilead said:
Here are some of the finals stats for this project. We measured from the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the fenders...front and rear, left and right.
Stock-
F, LH- 28 3/4"
F, RH- 29"
R, LH- 30 3/4"
R, RH- 30 7/8"

OME Lift-
F, LH-32"
F, RH- 32 1/4"
R, LH- 32 3/4"
R, RH- 33"
**Note that a trim spacer was used only on the front LH side strut because of the lower stock reading on that side.

We will drive it around....maybe wheel it, and re-measure next week. Hope this was informative for everyone...:)
Tedd

Great post. Let us know how the test drive goes in terms of ride quality, rubbing, etc......Thanks

The driving is going well with the new OME suspension. We have not done any new measurements, but will do some next week. It courners really well...very little body roll. On the highway it becomes a little more sensative/squirrelly with steering. I do believe it needs a frontend alignment....a few degrees off. No one seems to have the stats for the front end at this point other than our Toyota deaer. Our current business, that has the Hunter system, does not have the 2007 infomation yet...:( No rubbing what so ever at this point, but we have not taken it on the trail at this time. Just as an FYI we have getting 21-22 mpg. We pulled a trailer the other day and got 18.5 mpg on that particular trip. Yeah, the larger wheels will send the mpg in a more positive direction. Look for more trail reports in the future...:)

Great update. One question for you.

What is the overall height increase with the OME lift and the 285's?

From reading through this thread it looks like you picked up about 2.25" from the OME. I'm going to guess that you picked up another 1-2" from the tires. I've got 6" before my roof rack hits my garage opening and if this setup will net about 4" in total vehicle height, then I should be good to go.

Good question. We will have the FJ measured next week and report of the new height...with the bigger tires. We did not get the measurement after we drove the FJ and had the OME suspension installed and before we installed the new 285 tires. oooops. However, we will get the final height so that you can anticipate the over all height of the FJ when the project is complete.

i'd like to know if you still use the ome885 if i install the arb and no winch?what about not going to use oversize tires just a arb,which spring should i use?light duty or heavy duty front spring?

Well, that is yet to be determined. As you might know all the ARB OME suspension stuff was designed for the Prado. So when we (soon to be you) install the ARB Bull Bar we will have a better understanding of the ride, height, etc. We will keep the OME system that we are currently using right now when we install the Bull Bar and see how that goes. Then add diffent OME coils, struts, etc. later. All in the learning curve at this point....:)

Tedd

Gilead said:
Well, that is yet to be determined. As you might know all the ARB OME suspension stuff was designed for the Prado. So when we (soon to be you) install the ARB Bull Bar we will have a better understanding of the ride, height, etc. We will keep the OME system that we are currently using right now when we install the Bull Bar and see how that goes. Then add diffent OME coils, struts, etc. later. All in the learning curve at this point....:)

Tedd

Updates please!! Do you still like this set-up? How's the ride, on and off road? Plush? Stiff? Good road manners AND good flex? Have you tried any other part # combinations?

Thanks,
Kathie

Great write-up. I just got a new FJ Cruiser with ARB front bumper. I have ordered the ARB (OME) meduim lift kit per advice of my dealer. I plan to add a Warn winch soon. With stock suspension there is a lot of front sag due to the weight of the ARB bumper (about 200#) and I am concerned that the additional weight of a winch will overcome the meduim OME lift kit. If I go with the HD lift kit will it take care of the sag w/o making the highway ride over rough? Anyone with real hands on experience with these options?

Thanks,

Run the 886 heavy springs in the front and the 895 medium springs in the rear and you will love it. I ran the medium 885 springs up front with an ARB and winch and hated it. The front end dove really bad when you brake. I installed a set of 886 heavy springs and it road great.

Last edited:
Been there done that. just installed new ome lift with heavys on all four corners today!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom