Fj Cruiser Pricing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
After months of anticipation, I am ready to oder an FJ from the dealer. The first two I have talked to say they won't come down any off the sticker price. I know dealers were adding on price premiums at first but now that has stopped. Has anyone been able to wheel and deal off the sticker price? This is a GREAT forum and helped convince me to finally get rid of by 91 Toyota 4x4 for a new FJ.

I went into the dealer with a list of the invoice prices on all options. They initially came back with the standard..."this really isn't marked up, we don't have any room to budge" Then I showed them the numbers, showed them that in fact at MSRP, they were going to make 3500 on the TRD SE. I told them fine if they can't do anything I'll just wait. They came down 1500 below MSRP on the TRD SE.
:cheers:

I bought a unit yesterday. Went to the Costco website and configured the truck the way I wanted it. Called several dealers in town and nobody had the exact configuration I wanted, but one dealer had something close. Asked them to fax me the sticker. Configured the truck on Costco same as faxed sticker. They wanted $1500 over invoice which was several thousand under sticker. Done deal. Clearly, there's no shortage of these trucks and the idea of paying a dealer premium over sticker is nuts IMHO.

Thanks for the info. I hate car dealers and hate getting taken even more.

A Dealer near Boston Mass, called Acton Toyota, will find you one for 1% over invoice. Give them a refundable deposit (in case they can't find the one you want or can't find it fast enough) of $500 - $1,000. Call 1-800-711-5705 ask for Justin or Eric. No B.S. 1% over. I ended up buying one from Hartford (CT) Toyota @ $500 (a little less than 2% over) over invoice because I did not want to drive 2+ hours to Mass to pick it up.

Hi Guys,
After months of anticipation, I am ready to oder an FJ from the dealer. The first two I have talked to say they won't come down any off the sticker price. I know dealers were adding on price premiums at first but now that has stopped. Has anyone been able to wheel and deal off the sticker price? This is a GREAT forum and helped convince me to finally get rid of by 91 Toyota 4x4 for a new FJ.

Check out the carmax pricing. Most places around here (Virginia) were willing to bargain with me on the price at this point now that some of the hype has worn off. I don't think there are any carmax's in your area I found most dealerships were willing to match or beat carmax pricing.

http://www.carmax.com/dyn/search/se...0&locnum=7806&pr1=1&pr2=13&es=T&esx=0&zd=&m=2

I just bought my FJ Cruiser this week... dealer offered me $500 over invoice, so if you get the 4x4 it's like getting a 4x4 for the base price of a 4x2 (instead of the $23,500 base, I paid $21,700 base). Added convenience package, upgrade package, TRD mods, and a few accessories... total price with full warranty and service package (and tax) was still under $30k. With my money down and trade I paid just over $24. Not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom