February 25, 2023 OHV Work Day - This Saturday!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone – Sorry I did not send this out last week. I forgot to do that. Our monthly work day is still on this Saturday, February 25th at 9 am and we’ll meet again at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. If you’re new and you don’t know where the Uwharrie Hunt Camp is use this address in Google maps and you’ll get close enough to follow the signs – 280 Reservation Road, Troy, NC 27371. Brock, Kyle, Cody & I will meet you all at the campground and we’ll divide up into our work groups then.

This weekend’s projects are repairing ATV ramp and wooden guiderail fencing at Art Lilley TH and fixing wooden guiderail fencing on Dickey Bell Trail and a few other places on the trails or in other trailheads. We will also have some folks help me with marking the OHV Trails with carsonite signs and orange diamonds and trail numbers. If you’re chainsaw certified please bring your chainsaw, chaps, hard hat, and other personal protective equipment as you may need to help clear downed trees or cut back brush and large limbs from the trails. Our recreation techs will also have their chainsaw stuff with them too.

Plan on bringing you lunch, water, work gloves, closed toed shoes, long pants, and layers of short and long-sleeves to protect your arms, and your shovels, post hole diggers, rock bars, etc. We’ll have the augers for where we need to replace the posts for the fencing and we’ll have some shovels, post hole diggers and rock bars too.

Unfortunately, the contractor installing the barricades along Lakeview Trail won’t be done yet. He’ll be done with it in about 5 more weeks. Also, the metal posts we’ve ordered to install the signs along Lakeview Trail, and along the OHV Trails and at the OHV Trailheads won’t arrive for 4-5 weeks. SO, if the stars all of the posts will arrive before the March 25th work day so that we can install the most important ones on that day. I might purchase the minimum amount of metal posts I need directly if we can’t get these ones in time to have the signs installed before March 31st.

Also, the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Lakeview Trail will be on Friday, March 31st at noon at the Art Lilley Campground/Trailhead. I’ll be making a flyer soon and sending that out to you and to several other folks.

Thanks a lot everyone. Bye - Terry

Hi Everyone – Sorry I did not send this out last week. I forgot to do that. Our monthly work day is still on this Saturday, February 25th at 9 am and we’ll meet again at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp. If you’re new and you don’t know where the Uwharrie Hunt Camp is use this address in Google maps and you’ll get close enough to follow the signs – 280 Reservation Road, Troy, NC 27371. Brock, Kyle, Cody & I will meet you all at the campground and we’ll divide up into our work groups then.

This weekend’s projects are repairing ATV ramp and wooden guiderail fencing at Art Lilley TH and fixing wooden guiderail fencing on Dickey Bell Trail and a few other places on the trails or in other trailheads. We will also have some folks help me with marking the OHV Trails with carsonite signs and orange diamonds and trail numbers. If you’re chainsaw certified please bring your chainsaw, chaps, hard hat, and other personal protective equipment as you may need to help clear downed trees or cut back brush and large limbs from the trails. Our recreation techs will also have their chainsaw stuff with them too.

Plan on bringing you lunch, water, work gloves, closed toed shoes, long pants, and layers of short and long-sleeves to protect your arms, and your shovels, post hole diggers, rock bars, etc. We’ll have the augers for where we need to replace the posts for the fencing and we’ll have some shovels, post hole diggers and rock bars too.

Unfortunately, the contractor installing the barricades along Lakeview Trail won’t be done yet. He’ll be done with it in about 5 more weeks. Also, the metal posts we’ve ordered to install the signs along Lakeview Trail, and along the OHV Trails and at the OHV Trailheads won’t arrive for 4-5 weeks. SO, if the stars all of the posts will arrive before the March 25th work day so that we can install the most important ones on that day. I might purchase the minimum amount of metal posts I need directly if we can’t get these ones in time to have the signs installed before March 31st.

Also, the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Lakeview Trail will be on Friday, March 31st at noon at the Art Lilley Campground/Trailhead. I’ll be making a flyer soon and sending that out to you and to several other folks.

Thanks a lot everyone. Bye - Terry
the lakeview trail is finally opening? dang the first time they mentioned that was in 2011 I think

the lakeview trail is finally opening? dang the first time they mentioned that was in 2011 I think
Remember, we are dealing with the Federal Government. Usually takes a decade to get things done.

Awesome news. What level is lakeview and how long is it?

Awesome news. What level is lakeview and how long is it?
Lakeview trail is ~ 2 mile long loop with 3 rock gardens. I think its going to be designated as a medium trail. Sections can be done in 2 wheel drive. Here is a YouTube video from 2 months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom