Feb 29th - Sylvester Rd Exploring with a Campfire and Smokie Stop Somewhere (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This coming Saturday. Sylvester Rd up to Kenyon and wherever the days exploration leads.

Gary's leading and has suggested:

1st Muster at 10:00am Save-On-Foods/Cdn Tire parking lot by the theater in Mission. 2nd Muster Sylvester Rd fuel stop at the corner for an 11:00 departure.

Cheers

gb

Thanks to all who made it. Was great to get out again and what was looking mid week like a wet west coast day turned into a clouds with sunny moments day (spat on once or so) with clearing to mainly clear skies in time for the stars to show up.

gb

Comments from Gary:

Mission 1st Muster was in sync with ISH-time. Greg B arrived with Norm F as passenger. John G arrived in his street Toyota and rode with me from there. Daryl H was there eager and ready to go as usual. Sylvester fuel stop and pull out was on time at 11:00.

What was planned to be a cheap and dirty 3 stop. Get in. Get er done. And get out. Turned into a plan D & E, that ended up being the best option for the conditions. We chose to eventually tap out of all 3 intended destinations due to old crusty ssssNOw conditions.

We opted to go fire cook on the East side of Stave Lake looking across to the West Stave MUD flats. We walked the flooded slippery mud track toward the beach and mud trough. Bush whacked and stumbled our way from the flooded slippery mud track through the classic Wet Coast Rain Forrest to the beach sand. Walked the beach sand to opposite end of MUD trench. Then back through the Forrest to the beach sand walk back to the trucks.

By the time John and I made our way back to the trucks, the boys already had the fire burning. Clear skies and the sun was still high. No wind. Time for the sun glasses, chairs, snacks, smokies and other misc camp fire cookings. (Slowly learning the patient art of cooking bacon and garlic bombs on the fire :)

We enjoyed a warm colourful Sun-set and were all pretty much well fed by dark.

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

Coming in here a bit late because while a fun day I ended up paying for it. That said, I very much appreciate Gary to offer up a shotgun seat. Can't beat a day of good company, good wheeling, and our great outdoors. Was also fun to see how a HJ81 might work as a submarine.View attachment 2229121

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom