Fall Turkey Crawl: Oct 31st, Johnstown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.geocities.com
I'm heading out... who's in?

Halloween Fall Turkey Crawl
When - Oct 31st and Nov. 1st
Gates Open at 8:00am
Where - Doe Valley
3222 Dark Shade Ave.
Windber, Pa 15963
Cost - $25 per vehicle
$5 per passenger
FREE CAMPING !!
bigrubbers4x4.org ...1/2 way down page.

Email "bigrubbers4x4@yahoo.com" to let them know if you'll attend.

I wanna support this since it's for charity plus this venue is relatively nearby (and NOT Jeep-only like a lotta clubs!).

Some more info from emails w/ Sam, the guy that's organizing: "The gate will be open at 8AM saturday, you can pay at the gate when you fill out your waiver. You can also register to out forums at www.bigrubbers4x4.org." and "this is a charity event we are trying to raise enough money to help the need for thanksgiving by purchasing Turkeys and we are donating the to the compassion house in Windber. There is plenty enough to do there for more rigs, once we get more trails opened up you will be able to wheel the whole day there and not hit the same trail twice, but that's down the road. Right now we have a decent amount of trails I feel you will enjoy. We have mostly blue trails opened up so far and my black trail will be finished this weekend."

There's some more, pix, vids if you search around on the BigRubber4x4 forums or on PghOffRoad

I personally can only go for Saturday the 31st, though the event is both days. :steer:

They have a trail-cutting they're asking for assistance this weekend. I don't know my availability yet but I definitely wanna get involved with this place when I can. I'll cut some trees for trails if I can: contact me if you can too. -Ed '70FJ40

I am a wheelin junkie so........I would like to make it out sunday(the 1st) and meet up with ya.....saturdays i work 12 hours fighting anorexia in brookline and i cant afford to miss another one....but sundays im always available....ill let u know for sure when i can

So Tom was asking... it looks like it'll take about 2 hours to get there at Cruiser-ing speed (or towing).

There's a coupla routes: 22, 30, or 76... though 30 looks to be the slowest from Monroeville, 22 and 76 look roughly the same.

from: Monroeville, PA 15146 to: 3222 Dark Shade Dr, Windber, PA 15963 - Google Maps

from: Monroeville, PA 15146 to: 3222 Dark Shade Dr, Windber, PA 15963 - Google Maps

I'm still planning on going out Saturday, but since there's allegedly four more of you going Sunday, I'll see if I can make it then, too. Some family obligations that weekend, so still not certain. I hope... hopin the weather's decent too! -Ed

dont listen to Tom or you will be a day late its Nov. 1st!

Im in 99% for sure

not sure where nick lives

might find us a few more tagalongs

would be easier for me to just jump on 22 and meet up with you somewhere along 22 near/past monroeville/murrysville

drivethru titty bar at 7am sunday morning or something ...lol

Well guys, I got all my mechanical "to-do's" done today. :steer:

Bad news is on my test drive, I drove through my parking brake and sheared the bolts the hold the ebrake to the xfer case. :bang::bang::bang: :crybaby:

After much cursing I got back on my horse & pulled it apart. Even got the sheared bolts out. Now all I need is a new ebrake cable.

Hopeully I can get one before this weekend. I'll be calling the dealer 1st thing tomorrow morn, but if anyone happens to have one LMK... ... I need 7/70-1/75 cable for 3-spd (4641060021).

i dont wanna come all the way down to homewood...i mean homestead..lol......but give me a time and place along route 30 to meet Tom and ill be there....ill have a couple guys meet us there too.....sound good??

ebrake...ebrake....you cant miss a ride for an ebrake....ive never had a working ebrake in a trail rig....ever!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick and I great time. He backed out on taking the fj at the last minute. I'm planning on going to the toys for tots on the 21st.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom